Pet insurance renewal RIP off

Been dog insured for some time with Tesco, & currently 2.5 yrs claim free. Got my renewal through this week & guess what my dog has gone off the scale risk wise compared to last year, premium gone up from £1189 > £2066. I’m expecting to find the dog stiff on his back with his legs in the air any day soon, sorry correct that that’ll be me not the dog after I phoned Tesco’s to be told he’s in a high claim breed blah blah. My options are, pay it or get lost, nice one Mr Tesco. I thought it was some kind of new leasing plan like you do with a car, after a year you hand it back & get a new dog, actually for £2K I could lease 2 new dogs off Tesco. Not good for the planet though is it Mr T, you do bags for life but don’t encourage dog ownership past 1 yr, not unless you want to drop an eye watering fortune on the old essential doggie insurance. Anyways I’ve given you the old kiss off, so get yourselves busy with your other victims, sorry I meant your other valued mugs, sorry I meant customers, PS how many loyalty club points do I get for that. See ya, but wouldn’t wanna be ya x
  • 1 Reply

Your Community Expert
    Hi , I’m sorry you've seen an increase in your renewal premium this year. If my colleagues have explained that your dog is a high claim breed, I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to look into the premium for you. I'm sorry we weren't able to be more competitive this year, hopefully we’ll be able to provide something more suitable in the future for you - Caroline