If you took out a new policy after May 2013 there is no individual limit in the home, however away from the home, anything over £2000 would need to be specified and would be an additional charge. This also applies to any customers who previously held Value or Standard policies and have been moved over to our latest home insurance product from June 2020 onwards.
If you’re a Value, Standard or Finest customer you need to tell us about any valuable item which is over the limits below. By specifying an individual item, you’ll be covered for loss, theft and damage of these items anywhere in the UK (including in your home) and for up to 60 days when you're abroad.
- The Value policy automatically covers single items up to £1,500 each when in the home.
- The Standard policy automatically covers single items up to £2,000 each when in the home.
- The Finest policy automatically covers single items up to £3,000 each when in the home.
Excesses and exclusions apply. Please see your policy booklet for more information.
You can add a specified item to your policy via Your Insurance Account, which is available 24 hours a day. There will be no fee for making a change to your policy (when accepted via Your Insurance Account), but there may be an increase in premium for adding this to your policy.
Once you log in, select the relevant policy
- Click on 'Make Changes' from the the home page.
- Click 'Amend contents cover' from the menu that drops down.
- Select the date you want your change to take effect from, read the statements carefully and if accepted, click 'Confirm'.
- Scroll down and select 'Add item' under the Specified item section and complete all the relevant fields. Once finished, click 'Continue'.
- You'll then be presented with the cost to make the change and the option of adding any optional extras to your policy whilst making the change.
- If you're happy and want to go ahead, select 'Monthly payment' or 'Pay in full'. If you don't want to go ahead, click 'Back to your account'.