Auto credit limit increase

Hi,

They replied fairly quickly within a few days to be fair on the Friday. But i did ensure on the initial call i was transferred to a Manager and logged a complaint with them. Good luck MJ
    Well I am still waiting after almost a week maybe they deal with ones who shout the loudest first!!But the lady who asked me to supply my details so a complaint could be logged was very helpful. (Eleen) Cheers
    HI, If anyone in TESCO Bank is picking up this post, I have struggled to create a NEW message-string on this forum, but I need to bring to your attentioin an issue around a recent notification of auto-limit increase on my existing TESCO credit Mastercard, which has caused me both personal and professional concern.I received a letter advising a proposed auto-increase in credit limit as from 21st September 2016, only to receive a second letter yesterday, informing me that "based on the information we hold regarding your current financial circumstances, we do not believe that the limit increase is right for you at this time."!!!I was not unduly concerned, as I had not requested the increase anyway, but I was EXTREMELY concerned when I called the helpline, to find that the person dealing with my query, who referred this to the "underwriting" team, was entirely clueless as to why this had occurred, but not only that, was citing "adverse information" on my record, which prompted the decision to refuse the limit increase.This puts me in a position where I have no alternative but to pursue the matter by all means, because I am a professional FINANCIAL CONSULTANT, authorised and regulated by the FCA - as such, I must hold a Statement of Professional Standing, renewable every year, in order for me to legally FUNCTION in a professional cacapcity dealing with Clients' money!!If there is something "ADVERSE" about me somewhere, I could be OUT OF A JOB!!!My SPS was renewed only 2 months ago, backed up by a spotless Credit Report obtained from EXPERIAN.I use my TESCO Mastercard for all regular purchases, and have paid off my bill EVERY month in full, for the last 5YRS!!I recently obtained a personal loan for home improvement purposes without difficulty. My loan and mortage payments are upto date, and I have NEVER had a direct debit refused, or failed to pay a bill on time.My question, then, is, WHAT is this "adverse information"??Under rules for Data Protection, and the Freedom of Information Act, TESCO Bank is obliged to supply me, the customer, with ALL information held on my account, and about my dealings with TESCO Bank.I am requesting that TESCO Bank furnish me with this information, in order that I can find out what is going on, and whether or not my data and personal financial records have been HACKED, compromised or impacted in any way by fraud or other intervention by third parties, and to safeguard my financial, as well as professional, integrity.The credit liomit on my card is secondary.Please advise urgently, as I shall be taking this matter further.BarrieN
    Hi ,

I'm sorry to read of the experience you have had after you were offered a credit limit increase which was subsequently withdrawn. I believe my colleague on the phone may have given you poor information which has caused you a lot of concern regretfully.

The person you spoke to would have no access to your credit report, nor would they know why the offer of a credit limit increase was rescinded. What my colleagues are trained to advise, is that there a numerous reasons that an offer could be withdrawn, including a change of circumstances or possibly adverse information seen on a credit report. If my colleague insinuated that this is specifically why the offer was withdrawn, then we would need to investigate this further to understand if there is something we need to feedback.

In order that I can investigate, please could you privately message me your full name, along with your DOB and postcode in this format:

0 1 / 0 2 / 3 4

A B 1 2 3 C D

This will also allow me to raise a complaint on your behalf.

If you would like to submit a request of your data also, you can do so by sending a letter to Tesco Bank, PO Box 27028, Glasgow, G2 9FT, enclosing a cheque payable to Tesco for £10.

- Tristan
    Hi
    How can I apply to increas my credit limit
    Thanka
    Former Your Community Expert
    Hi you can apply for a credit limit increase through your online banking if you've registered for this service. Just select "Manage Account" then "Manage your account" on the left hand side. You'll get an instant response with this.

Alternatively, you can call our Credit Card team and apply for an increase over the phone. The team can be contacted on 0345 300 4278, available 24/7 :smileyhappy:
    im new to credit cards and was wondering same ad other users. havent recieved further notice why increase of credit hasnt happned this month. whether its delayed or not. shouldn't i revieve an update?? thank you.
    Employee
    Hi , there are a number of reasons why a credit limit increase may not go ahead. If you give the team a call anytime on 0345 300 4278 we'll be able to double check this for you.
    Hi Kate,

I received a similar letter stating I should automatically get a credit limit increase on 26 July. As of yet this has not been done. Do I need to call in in order to check the status of this?