Mobile App abroad doesnt recognise correct passcode...

Hey, just wondered if anybody else is having the same problem as I am. I am currently living abroad and use the mobile banking app for my credit card. I have just been back home to the UK and used it no probs, logged in regularly. Now I have gone back abroad and using the same passcode as I have been in the UK it says im entering in incorrect details. This has happened months ago, it locked me out so I called tesco to unlock me, then it works for a few more months, now it says incorrect details even tho I am 110% sure Im entering the correct code!! Very frustrating! Any help would be appreciated :)
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi Brandy5,

When using the mobile app, it is very important that the clock time is correct on your device and the Timezone reflects where you are in the world.

You do not say if you are using Android or IOS so I have given a small example of an IOS setting you should check.

Navigate to the device "Settings", then tap on "General", then tap "Date & Time".
    The Timezone should reflect where you are in the world.

If it is set to UK (e.g. London) and you have simply amended the actual clock time value backwards or forwards until it looks right on your screen, then unfortunately, you will have trouble logging in from abroad.

Set the Timezone in either IOS or Android to reflect your location and ensure your actual clock displayed is correct and you should have no issue.

I know that it may seem strange that the device time or timezone has an impact on being able to log in with a password or passcode, but it does.

Remember that multiple "Invalid Login" messages (even though you know you have just typed the right password or passcode) will lock you out and I understand that this is frustrating.

I hope this helps you resolve the Mobile login issue you are having.

Robert