Charge showing up as pending and processed too.

Hi everybody,

I actually did a small mini tesco shop around 5 days ago and paid with my card at the till the payment went through and that was fine. I logged into my online banking to see the payment in the processed section. Today all of a sudden that same transaction has appeared in my pending transactions as well. I can see that the payment is in the processed section too and has now magically appeared in the pending section too I don't know how or what's happened but its deducted from my available credit twice, which isnt normal. If someone could help me i would deeply appreciate it.

Thanks!

S
  • 13 Replies

Former Community Manager
    Hi, can you send a private message to with your full name, DOB and postcode so I can check the account?
    Above and beyond
    Hi How very strange ! i have not come across this issue before.You really need to get this checked out by Tesco Bank, and solved by private message.1. Please Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.2. Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.3. A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.4. Complete it and send your message securely and privately.5. Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.You will receive a reply to your private message with a resolution.Regards, Chris,
    Community superstar
    Hi
    Well that is very unusual.
    You need to get this checked out by sending Tesco Bank a 'Private Message'.

Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely and privately.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.

You will get a reply to your private message.

Warm wishes, Caz

Eagle eye
    Hi Ive noticed this quite a few times on my credit card statement, it always seems to resolve itself and end up being charged just the once, I always presumed it was just a cross over between the supplier and Tesco. It does look weird and the first time I noticed it I was worried I would be charged twice. Keep an eye on it but it does usually work out, the double entry only seems to be there for a day or so then it disappears, it is odd but I wouldn't worry too much. Regards
    Above and beyond
    Hi
    Thanks for sharing your experience, and the reassurance on this.
    Kind regards, Chris,
    Hi, Thank you so much for your rely, I did the above and they told me this is not something they can resolve over this platform - I tried to give them a call but was waiting for over 45 minutes and didn't get through, the charge is still showing twice on my online banking and its been 6 days now? I thought it would clear up on its own by now but it hasn't and getting through is a nightmare!
    Thanks Sheena for your reply, its been 6 days already and I have tried to get in touch with Tesco regarding the issue, because the charge is actually for a Tesco shop itself so its not actually a different supplier - I thought the charge would fall off itself but it hasn't seemed to do so and I did try and get in touch with Tesco both over message and over the phone, on the private message they said they couldn't resolve the issue and on the phone I was on hold for 45 minutes after which I couldn't hold on any longer! Im not sure what to do and how to get rid of this pending charge that isn't falling off when its already in my processed charges too. Thanks!
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear you couldn't get through to us on the phone. Please try calling again on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm), if you press option 0, the automated service will pass you to the first available advisor.
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm sorry to learn you have not got this resolved.
    I can appreciate 45 minutes waiting on the phone is a long time and if you're paying for the call as well it can be frustrating.
    You can call 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) press option 0, the automated service will pass you to the first available advisor.
    An alternative to the 0345 300 4278 number you can call 0800 406050 at no cost to you.
    Hope this helps you get it resolved.
    Please let me know how you get on.
    Warm wishes, Caz