Tesco address to make official complaint before reporting to Finance ombudsman?

Just looking
    Please provide me with an address to which I can send a registered letter giving Tesco's 14 days to resolve my complaint about the lack of response to a charge back on a credit card, before I take it to the Financial Ombudsman. Thank youEmma Brown
  • 18 Replies

• Verified Answer

Above and beyond
    Verified Answer
    Hi Emma,
    Private messages provides an extremely helpful way of liaising with Customer Service, to check if there’s been any updates made to your account.
    Now that you have made an official complaint, you must wait 8 weeks before taking your complaint to the ombudsman.
    Please keep the faith, stick in there, and you’ll get it sorted one way or another. I’m sure that Tesco-Bank have no wish to inconvenience nor delay your claim a moment longer than necessary.
    Best regards, Chris, .
    Good evening Emma, I'm very sorry to hear about this, I appreciate your frustration in regards to your situation. The address is: Tesco Bank Credit Card Operations, PO Box 27028, Broadway One, Glasgow, G2 9FT In the meantime why not try using the private message scheme on The Community to contact the team to see if they are able to assist? If you click on on the next page you'll see an option to send a private message. Don't forget to include your full name, post code and date of birth and they'll see how they are best placed to assist. Kind regards, Neil
    Above and beyond
    Hi Emma,
    All correspondence in this matter should be addressed to :-
    Tesco Bank Credit Card Operations, PO Box 27028, Broadway One, Glasgow, G2 9FT
    I’m really sorry that your situation has led to this course of action.
    I strongly recommend that you make full use of the private message system to communicate your intentions, and to request further assistance with your claim .
    It also allows you to air your grievances in more detail in a private setting, where you will receive proper attention.
    Please click on and on the next page you'll see an option to ‘send a message’ which is addressed privately to Tesco-Bank.
    Please include your date of birth and postcode in your message.
    You will receive a reply to your private message, and help you to progress your dispute in the right direction.
    Kind regards, Chris,
    Community superstar
    Morning Emma
    I'm sorry to hear you've not received an adequate response to your chargeback.
    I would suggest before you go down the official route to send Tesco Bank a private message from here.
    To do this click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely and privately.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details of your cargeback.

You will get a reply to your private message giving you details of the progress of your claim.

Have a lovely weekend, Caz

Your Community Expert
    Hi , please send a private message to for us to try and assist you further. Our complaints team have up t 8 weeks to resolve a complaint, if you would like us to raise this for you, we can - Amanda
    Just looking
    I have been sending DM's since June... all you can do is Escalate it to the Disputes team. This is worth nothing... in all the "escalations" you have done over the last 3 months I have had two communications from Tesco's Disputes team. The first call I missed, they left a message saying they would call back and they didn't, most recent one I received a text asking me to call which I did. The lady I spoke to said they had no record of receiving any one of the emails - and I must have sent at least 6-8 since May - and yes they have been sent to the correct email address. She said it may be because I have sent 3 attachments in one email and so she asked me to send one email per attachment. Working in IT I find this answer fairly ridculous ,but hey I am trying to work with you so I did as ask. Lady said she would call me back at lunchtime to confirm whether or not received, and guess what? Yep I have heard nothing....... so I have raised a official complaint, it may take 8 weeks to resolve, but being official, I can now go to the financial ombudsman, which I will be doing within 14 days, as is my right... happy to DM you "again", but please tell me what you can doo which you havent already done?
    Your Community Expert
    We will try to resolve it within 4 working days, however, if that's not possible we will send you an acknowledgement text within t 3-5 working days. We aim to resolve complaints within 15 days, however, we have up to 8 weeks to resolve this fully. I have shared a link below with some more information regarding our complaints procedure and timescales - https://www.tescobank.com/help/complaints/. You are unable to go take a complaint to the ombudsman until the 8 weeks have passed I'm afraid. All I can do, is check if there has been any updates recently on your account regarding this. I'm really sorry about this, I apreciate you have already been very patient with us.

Community superstar
    Hi Emma I see Amanda from Tesco Bank has sent you a message asking you to contact them to assist you.Additionally she's also offered to raise a complaint for you if you wish.I feel the best way forward initially is to accept Amanda's offer of assistance and send a specific and detailed private message with what you want to achieve and within reasonable time scales. Should you then not be hapoy you can escalate to a complaint.Hopefuly this is helpful.Warm wishes, Caz
    Just looking
    complaint already raised, complain number issued... I have been waiting 20 weeks so far since original email sent...... 20 weeks.....! Would Tesco wait 20 weeks for something from me? I think not. Please tell me what sending a DM will achieve? Do you actually have any power to "do" anything, other than escalate to the disputes team? Emma