Debit Cards and Clubcard Points are exactly the same...

Hello, my new shiny, blue Debit Card has arrived and it’s exactly like my Tesco Clubpoints card, therefore at the checkout I have to take out both cards to see which one to use. It’s not that much of a problem but if I had and any sight problems then I would , my husband now refuses to use the points card as it’s one more thing to get wrong at the till, and makes customers in line have to wait a little longer.perhaps next year a different colour or a stronger symbol on one of the cards. THANKYOU from Teresa
  • 2 Replies

• Verified Answer

Community superstar
    Verified Answer
    Hi I can see how both cards being blue there is confusion as they're both similar.However, when you are at the Tesco checkout and paying with your Tesco Clubcard Debit Card you will only need to produce your Tesco Clubcard Debit Card as this will add your points onto your account. So no need to show your clubcard.Have a lovely weekend and stay safeWarm wishes, Caz
  • Verified Answer

Verified Answer
    Good evening,
    I work for Tesco in store so should you happen to present the debit card instead of your standard Clubcard there is a till prompt that appears for cashiers asking if the customer wishes to use their card for payment. We simply press 'no' and your debit card wouldn't be charged for the transaction amount.