Charge back - 16 weeks and counting.... still nothing...

I have two claims that were logged 12 weeks ago. At 10 weeks I was told it has been escalated and would be sorted in 28 days. Today (12 weeks) I have been told the same and to wait another 2 weeks. How likely is it I'll have to chase and escalate again in two weeks? I'm having to dip in to savings each month to pay my balance in full as I was hoping I'd have my £2k back from a cancelled holiday by now.
    Above and beyond
    Hi I'm genuinely sorry to hear this, you really do need to chase for all it's worth !If you keep plugging away you will get there eventually.I would recommend that you send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so they can pass to disputes team to respond with an update.
    Please Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    You will receive a reply to your private message .
    Best wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Hi On the phone I was told that the CS department have no direct contact with the disputes department, they can only view update notes that disputes have added to the system. Will this be any different if I send a message to @Tesco-Bank ?
    Above and beyond
    Hi Absolutely 100% !I have seen extremely positive responses that have been received by other Community members, over the past few weeks.They can't deal with your claim directly here, but they will definitely pass onto disputes for you.This is the most effective way forward for you, honestly !Kind Regards, Chris,
    Community superstar
    Hi I'm really sorry to hear you're still waiting for your chargeback claims to be resolved after 12 weeks for your cancelled holiday.If you were told 2 weeks ago it will be sorted in 28 days (4 weeks) perhaps you should give them the full 4 weeks to sort it for you. It appears they are well aware as they've said today to wait another 2 weeks, after all you've got 2 claims they're dealing with.I appreciate your situation and being out of pocket for such a large amount for so long is far from ideal but as your claims have been escalated I'm confident it won't be long now before these will be sorted for you.Warm wishes, Caroline
    It is incredibly frustrating. When I've had issues needing chargebacks before the money has been with me the same day. I know we haven't ever had a situation like this before, but it still seems hard to comprehend how things can go from same day to 12+ weeks. In the meantime I've been back on to the holiday company in the hope they can sort things sooner, but no, I didn't receive my refund credit code via email (apparently my fault), so they need to re-apply for it which will take 14 working days, then I can use the code to apply for my cash refund which will take four weeks! I'm hoping Tesco Bank pulls through before then, if not I'll be aiming for my £2k just before Christmas.
    Community superstar
    Hi Totally agree with you that it is very frustrating as its taking really so long to get sorted.I'm sorry your holiday company could not be more helpful and move things along quicker for you.Now you've waited so long going down the Tesco road I feel you will achieve the outcome you need from them, finger's crossed it will be sooner.Please keep me updated with your progress.Take care Caroline
    Above and beyond
    Hi A chargeback claim should only be made when a refund is refused, or you have not received any response after 15 clear working days from your request.What you can't do is play one off against the other.It appears to me that the holiday company are willing to refund you, and would have done so already if you not inadvertently made an error.I advise you to proceed with the holiday company, or you risk throwing a spanner in the works.Kind Regards, Chris,
    I am sorry to read this message, I would have thought that Tesco would be very Prompt and professional at returns.
    I hope I never have to use that service Good luck, I hope it works out very quickly for you
    Above and beyond
    Thanks
    There are many really positive outcomes, that offer a very different perspective.
    In this particular instance there was a customer error involved during the claim process.
    I hope this provides you with a more balanced view.
    Kind regards, Chris,