• Clubcard Voucher's

I've an old elderly friend whose health is declining.I decided I would go and see him which would be a journey of over 100 miles each way.So I decided I would stay close by in an hotel for a day or three by using my Clubcard voucher's.Booking through the Clubcard site the stay required £39 in voucher's, however when entering the amount it moved in £5 multiples so for £39 I had to enter £40.After I confirmed and booked the room (not before) it showed the amount was £111.89 against the Clubcard voucher and wanted an amount of £5.60 payable either by credit card, debit card or paypal for Taxes and Fees!!!!Thank you The Community for my vouchers but I feel something is amiss here!!
    Click below to see solutions
  • I've an old elderly friend whose health is declining.I decided I would go and see him which would be a journey of over 100 miles each way.So I decided I would stay close by in an hotel for a day or three by using my Clubcard voucher's.Booking through the Clubcard site the stay required £39 in voucher's, however when entering the amount it moved in £5 multiples so for £39 I had to enter £40.After I confirmed and booked the room (not before) it showed the amount was £111.89 against the Clubcard voucher and wanted an amount of £5.60 payable either by credit card, debit card or paypal for Taxes and Fees!!!!Thank you The Community for my vouchers but I feel something is amiss here!!
    Click below to see solutions
  • Best Answer Re: Clubcard Voucher's

Hi Well that is just financial common sense not to use the voucher's and save them, as you say it makes no sense.I know the Warner Hotel chain only allow a part payment of Clubcard vouchers of up to £40.Warm wishes, Caz
  • Hi Well that is just financial common sense not to use the voucher's and save them, as you say it makes no sense.I know the Warner Hotel chain only allow a part payment of Clubcard vouchers of up to £40.Warm wishes, Caz
  • Re: Clubcard Voucher's

Well that’s certainly got me flummoxed !
    The only positive I can take out of this, is that £5.60 sounds like a pretty good deal for a break away,
    It’s great to hear that your friend has someone like you to go and visit, bravo you !
    Regards, Chris,
  • Well that’s certainly got me flummoxed !
    The only positive I can take out of this, is that £5.60 sounds like a pretty good deal for a break away,
    It’s great to hear that your friend has someone like you to go and visit, bravo you !
    Regards, Chris,

Yep, I couldn't work it out either.The £5.60 is for taxes & fees, so OK.The hotel was £117 so £39 in Clubcard vouchers (£39 x 3 = £117) but how they got to £111.89 I do not know.Not worth dwelling on it, as you say it is a great deal for a break away Caz
  • Yep, I couldn't work it out either.The £5.60 is for taxes & fees, so OK.The hotel was £117 so £39 in Clubcard vouchers (£39 x 3 = £117) but how they got to £111.89 I do not know.Not worth dwelling on it, as you say it is a great deal for a break away Caz

Hi Caz, @25HI was going to use some of my Clubcard vouchers towards a holiday cottage in December.The problem i found is that Cottages.com only allow a maximum of £33 worth of Clubcard vouchers to be taken against the booking (£99 saving). However, the booking has to be made via the link from Tesco, and this incurs a booking fee of £40 and loyalty discount for previous bookings does not apply.When i book via Rewards for Forces, i get a 15% discount on the holiday cottage, plus the booking fee is waived, so it makes no sense to use the vouchers.I'm sure that they will come in handy for Christmas shopping though !Regards, Chris,
  • Hi Caz, @25HI was going to use some of my Clubcard vouchers towards a holiday cottage in December.The problem i found is that Cottages.com only allow a maximum of £33 worth of Clubcard vouchers to be taken against the booking (£99 saving). However, the booking has to be made via the link from Tesco, and this incurs a booking fee of £40 and loyalty discount for previous bookings does not apply.When i book via Rewards for Forces, i get a 15% discount on the holiday cottage, plus the booking fee is waived, so it makes no sense to use the vouchers.I'm sure that they will come in handy for Christmas shopping though !Regards, Chris,

Hi Have either of you ever used vouchers to buy airmiles? Just wondered if its as simple as it seems? Many thanks
  • Hi Have either of you ever used vouchers to buy airmiles? Just wondered if its as simple as it seems? Many thanks

No I've never bought airmiles with my Tesco vouchers so I'm unable to advise how simple or not it is.Caz
  • No I've never bought airmiles with my Tesco vouchers so I'm unable to advise how simple or not it is.Caz

No
    I prefer staycations to flying
    Regards, Chris
  • No
    I prefer staycations to flying
    Regards, Chris

Thanks It looks like it should be simple and I could use £30 of vouchers to give me enough miles to upgrade to premium on Virgin (not that im flying anywhere soon - sad face) so maybe ill give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks Guys
  • Thanks It looks like it should be simple and I could use £30 of vouchers to give me enough miles to upgrade to premium on Virgin (not that im flying anywhere soon - sad face) so maybe ill give it a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks Guys

That sounds like a plan Let us know how you get on Caz
  • That sounds like a plan Let us know how you get on Caz
© 2020 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap