How long is charge back taking?

Above and beyond
    PS Neil,
    I’m not sure if you can ‘accept as a solution’ as you were not the originator.
    Don’t worry if it doesn’t give you the option to close down.
    It’s just great to have some good news to share.
    Regards, Chris,
    Having read through this thread I see that my claim (acknowledged on Aug 10th, with a 6 week advisory) still has a very long way to go! Thanks for the advice at the top of the thread, I have sent a PM and await a reply, but am not holding my breath . . .
    Eagle eye
    Hi You have done the right thing sending a PM, you should get a reply pretty soon and hopefully things will move on for you, there's no denying it is a slow process but hang in there it will get sorted, try not to get disheartened by any negative comments as each case is different and some are more complicated than others. My claim was successful and took 10 weeks then there was the obligatory 45 day period in which the supplier could dispute which they did right at the last minute which then meant a further 45 day period for investigation. Fingers crossed in a week it will be finally resolved!! I genuinely had no idea how complicated this would be but do be patient and hopefully you will hear something soon. Fingers crossed
    Community superstar
    Hi
    Yes claims are taking longer than the 6 weeks orriginally advised, however as has said, the best way forward was for you to send a private message.
    They will provide you with an update by replying to your private message.
    Warm wishes, Caz
    On the look out
    Hi Have you had any luck?

The Private message route that everyone is advised seems to just be another stalling Tactic - I would prefer some answer even if it was no, then I would know where I stand...then I could open up a court case
    Above and beyond
    Hi @DuncanT
    It definitely works, @Sheena1975 can vouch for this based on personal experience.
    This is a desperately difficult time for an enormous number of customers in similar position to yourself.
    It is taking much longer to process the claims than anyone would wish.
    However it does get there, and you are entitled to send a private message and ask for your account to be checked for updates, and passed to disputes to ensure that your claim is being processed.
    Definitely worth pursuing and I can assure you that it the most effective and productive route possible.
    Kind regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Helper
    Similar experience here. I submitted three 'Refund Not Received' forms (there are three separate amounts claimed as I paid for flight extras) for a refund not received for cancelled flights back in May 2020 on the 5th August. Got no acknowledgement from Tesco Bank. Received an email on 9th September requesting information I had already supplied. I did this (still no acklowledgement) only to receive the same email again on the 13 October. I repeated my response giving Tesco the information (flight details etc,) three times now. I did at least get an automated response this time. What is going on ?

Alan
    Community superstar
    Morning Alan @cabinscooter
    I'm really pleased to hear that you got an automated response which means you know Tesco Bank have received it.
    You can ask for an update to your claim at anytime by simply sending a 'Private Message' to request this and Tesco Bank will be only too happy to help.
    Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    You will receive a reply to your private message after they've checked out the status of your claim.
    Have a lovely weekend, Caz @25H
    Eagle eye
    Hi

Sending a private message really is the way to go as they can give you an update as to whats going on. My claim was refunded in 10 weeks however it was then disputed by the supplier so the process became even longer. Once you recieve a refund the supplier has 45 days to dispute (which mine did approx 2 days before the end of the 45) this then meant that there was another 45 day investigation period. This time scale has now expired and i now have to wait another 30 days for it to be referred to mastercard. Im not saying any of this to complain just to give you a realistic idea of time scales.
    Fingers crossed yours goes more smoothly but just be aware its more complicated than it seems.

Kind regards @Sheena1975
    On the look out
    I had a chargeback credited to my account on August 19th. Nearly 70 days later I get a letter from Tesco saying they will be debiting my account as the merchant has challenged the claim. The merchant had paid me back their service charge in April. The figures in the letter don’t add up and no one is able to sort out anything. I despair of ever getting it sorted and feel the FOS is going to be the only option.