How long is charge back taking?

I put in a form on 5th June and haven't even had confirmation the form's been received yet. Anyone having a similar experience? Or are my e-mails getting lost...
  • 84 Replies

Above and beyond
    Hi I'm afraid It's currently taking anywhere between 72 > 120 days.Your best bet is to send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to check the status of your claim, and provide you with an update..
    Please click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    One of the Tesco Team will reply to your private message, as soon as they've been able to check this out.
    Hope this helps, Regards, Chris
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm sorry to hear your still waiting for your charge back, there is a delay due to the volume of claims, however when you submitted the forms you should've received confirmation.
    I would suggest you send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.

Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue panel click onto 'Send a Message'.

A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.

Complete it and send your message securely.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with details.

You will get a reply from one of the Tesco Team after they've had chance to look into this for you.

Hope this helps!!!

Warm wishes, Caz

Thanks I'll give that a go. 76 days is long enough. Hope I don't have to wait for 120. That's 4 months! Strange not to even get a 'thanks for your message'.
    Above and beyond
    Hi You're one of many that have said that recently !Under normal circumstances you should expect an automated response, as soon as the forms are emailed to the disputes team, this seems to have gone astray.I'm sure that the private message route will give you some peace of mind.Regards, Chris,
    Community superstar
    Hi My moto would be 'nothing ventured nothing gained'.The Tesco Team are more than happy to help.They will give you an update via 'Private Messaging'.You're very welcome Stay safe and warm wishes, Caz
    Eagle eye
    Hi THings do seem to be taking a while now but it is worth waiting. My claim took 10 weeks and was successful in the end, I know its frustrating but patience really does pay off. If you want to chase it up you could try sending a private message to they will look into it and tell you where its up to. Regards
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , thanks for getting in touch. Have you checked your junk emails too? If you send a private message to Tesco-Bank then we can look into this for you
    Community superstar
    Hi has kindly sent you a message offering to look into your charge back claim if you send a private message to Send the message with your details along with your full name, date of birth and postcode.

After checking you claim you will receive a reply via private messaging.

Caz

I too submitted a chargeback form and supporting documentation on 5 June 2020. I received the automated reply telling me that it could take up to 6 weeks to process the form, it also said "If you’ve sent any supporting documentation, this will be passed on to your case handler who will be in touch shortly." After emailing the disputes team on 31 July asking for an update and getting no response, including having no indication of contact details for my case handler, I joined this forum and found the route to send a PM to on 8 August. I received this reply on 9 August:“Hi N , thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry you've not had an update yet regarding your Dispute. Unfortunately, there’s no update to provide concerning your Dispute. Again, we can only apologise. The Disputes are taking longer to process due to COVID19, limited staff levels and the amount of Disputes received. We'll process this as soon as we can, thanks for bearing with us – Sheridan”. I replied asking
    “Does your reply mean that my claim has not yet even been assigned to a case handler?
    As I recall, the Bank's published time scales for processing claims showed "6 weeks" on 5 June, it still shows "6 weeks" - maybe this should be modified to show a more realistic figure, in my case 10 weeks, so perhaps a timescale of 12 or 15 weeks would be best?”. I received another response:“I will pass on your comments as feedback N. I'm afraid we don't have access to our disputes information via this channel so I can't see who or if this is assigned to. The 6 week timescales is our average time to review new cases but some cases may take longer – Ross”. I responded to Ross on 10 August:
    “Thanks Ross, FYI the amount that I'm claiming from Tesco Bank is circa £160, a small partial payment for furniture, the other payment of £2000 on another card was refunded in less than a week of my claim to them - and I could speak to a representative when making the claim!”. I didn’t get any further replies from , so thought I might post on the Community Forum as that seems to be the place where Tesco Bank reply to.
    Disappointed now to see that the wait time has moved up from the original 6 weeks to over 17 weeks and despite what is implied in the thread above started by jonkemp07 the team told me that they don’t have access to disputes information.
    It would be interesting to know if jonkemp07’s contact with the team has proved successful in his case, and if it has, perhaps they could look into mine?