• Hey @pennyJ , I'm sorry to hear this. If you send a private message to @Tesco-Bank , we'll do our best to help.
  • Hey @pennyJ , I'm sorry to hear this. If you send a private message to @Tesco-Bank , we'll do our best to help.
  • Hi @pennyJ
    I'm sorry to hear of the dilema your experiencing.
    I see ChristopherP has acknowledged your message and is offering assistance to help.
    Send Tesco-Bank a private message by clicking on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode
    You will receive a reply to your private message regarding your chargeback.

Hope this helps to get things sorted!!
    Warm wishes, Caz @25H
  • Hi @pennyJ
    I'm sorry to hear of the dilema your experiencing.
    I see ChristopherP has acknowledged your message and is offering assistance to help.
    Send Tesco-Bank a private message by clicking on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode
    You will receive a reply to your private message regarding your chargeback.

Hope this helps to get things sorted!!
    Warm wishes, Caz @25H
  • Charge back is taking as long as YOU allow it to.

Give Tesco the six weeks that it’s reassurances say and then:
    1) Make an official complaint
    2) Follow up with the Financial Ombudsman at the appropriate time
    ​​​​​​​3) Absolutely DO NOT give Tesco Bank any extra time no matter what they say. You will only be disappointed and become more frustrated.

Follow the above steps instead of sending private messages as my experience has proven that they achieve nothing except for extending the wait (15 weeks in my case).
  • Charge back is taking as long as YOU allow it to.

Give Tesco the six weeks that it’s reassurances say and then:
    1) Make an official complaint
    2) Follow up with the Financial Ombudsman at the appropriate time
    ​​​​​​​3) Absolutely DO NOT give Tesco Bank any extra time no matter what they say. You will only be disappointed and become more frustrated.

Follow the above steps instead of sending private messages as my experience has proven that they achieve nothing except for extending the wait (15 weeks in my case).
  • Hello

I sent details of my transaction to disputes team on 2 September for flights cancelled by Virgin Atlantic and received a text today saying money is refunded. So about 9 weeks to process refund.
    The appalling behavior of Virgin Atlantic and other travel companies must have resulted in lots of extra work for Tesco Bank so thanks to team for processing refund.

Cheers
  • Hello

I sent details of my transaction to disputes team on 2 September for flights cancelled by Virgin Atlantic and received a text today saying money is refunded. So about 9 weeks to process refund.
    The appalling behavior of Virgin Atlantic and other travel companies must have resulted in lots of extra work for Tesco Bank so thanks to team for processing refund.

Cheers
  • Hi @Mwich
    I'm really pleased to hear you've received your refund.
    I totally agree with you regarding the behaviour of travel companies.
    Yes this has created a lot of extra work for Tesco Bank, thanks for the praise for the Tesco team.
    Take care and stay safe, Caz @25H
  • Hi @Mwich
    I'm really pleased to hear you've received your refund.
    I totally agree with you regarding the behaviour of travel companies.
    Yes this has created a lot of extra work for Tesco Bank, thanks for the praise for the Tesco team.
    Take care and stay safe, Caz @25H
  • Hi @Mwich, we are so glad to hear you have received the refund! Please let us know if you need anything else 😃
  • Hi @Mwich, we are so glad to hear you have received the refund! Please let us know if you need anything else 😃
  • I feel exactly the same. I fear that by the time Tesco sort out my claim we will have left the EU and I won’t be able to go to the EU small claims court.
  • I feel exactly the same. I fear that by the time Tesco sort out my claim we will have left the EU and I won’t be able to go to the EU small claims court.
  • Don’t be to sure my chargeback was paid on the 19/8 on the 28/10 I had a letter from Tesco saying they were debiting my account as the chargeback had been challenged.
  • Don’t be to sure my chargeback was paid on the 19/8 on the 28/10 I had a letter from Tesco saying they were debiting my account as the chargeback had been challenged.
  • Hi @pennyJ

I am a little concerned about the chargeback being challenged, not sure how long the travel company have to challenge. I think 30 days or 45 days, so still a little nervous. On the positive side Virgin Atlantic have made regular public statements saying they will refund for all cancelled flights so hopefully no challenge to the chargebck.

​​​​​​​Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @pennyJ

Just looked at dates in your post - 19/08 to 28/10 - that is over two months. Surely too long for them to challenge a chargeback??
    I am not an expert so maybe worth a PM to Tesco Bank to clarify rules.

​​​​​​​Good luck.
  • Hi @pennyJ

I am a little concerned about the chargeback being challenged, not sure how long the travel company have to challenge. I think 30 days or 45 days, so still a little nervous. On the positive side Virgin Atlantic have made regular public statements saying they will refund for all cancelled flights so hopefully no challenge to the chargebck.

​​​​​​​Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi @pennyJ

Just looked at dates in your post - 19/08 to 28/10 - that is over two months. Surely too long for them to challenge a chargeback??
    I am not an expert so maybe worth a PM to Tesco Bank to clarify rules.

​​​​​​​Good luck.
  • Hi @Mwich , to clarfy it is 45 days from the date of the Charge back, that the retailer has to dispute. If it happens we let the customers know.
  • Hi @Mwich , to clarfy it is 45 days from the date of the Charge back, that the retailer has to dispute. If it happens we let the customers know.
© 2020 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap