• Re: How long is charge back taking?

Having had the ENORMOUS HASSLE of making a similar claim earlier this year I can advise that:Despite any well intentioned advice from either Tesco staff on this forum or customer service staff on the phone, NOTHING WILL CHANGE.Absolutely DO NOT accept advice to wait further, the advised timelines are completely non-existent.Raise an official complaint with Tesco and demand compensation.Stick to your OWN timeline and complain to the Financial Ombudsman as appropriate. The reason for Tesco Bank not refunding Section 75 claims expediently (which they are legally responsible for) is because they are a THIRD PARTY PROVIDER. Consequently, they would rather wait until the original retailer pays out before passing it on to you and this can take months (in my case four months).Real banks (who only deal with banking) will refund Section 75’s in anything from 3 to 14 days. Do yourself a favour and dispense with Tesco Banking and get yourself a credit card from a REAL bank!
  • Having had the ENORMOUS HASSLE of making a similar claim earlier this year I can advise that:Despite any well intentioned advice from either Tesco staff on this forum or customer service staff on the phone, NOTHING WILL CHANGE.Absolutely DO NOT accept advice to wait further, the advised timelines are completely non-existent.Raise an official complaint with Tesco and demand compensation.Stick to your OWN timeline and complain to the Financial Ombudsman as appropriate. The reason for Tesco Bank not refunding Section 75 claims expediently (which they are legally responsible for) is because they are a THIRD PARTY PROVIDER. Consequently, they would rather wait until the original retailer pays out before passing it on to you and this can take months (in my case four months).Real banks (who only deal with banking) will refund Section 75’s in anything from 3 to 14 days. Do yourself a favour and dispense with Tesco Banking and get yourself a credit card from a REAL bank!

Hi Neil Thanks for the update.I'm pleased to hear your claim is making progress.Warm wishes, Caz
  • Hi Neil Thanks for the update.I'm pleased to hear your claim is making progress.Warm wishes, Caz

Do you still have contact details for making an official complaint?I started on my wait in June and the only contact and patience is wearing thin...Thanks,Jon
  • Do you still have contact details for making an official complaint?I started on my wait in June and the only contact and patience is wearing thin...Thanks,Jon

Hi jon The number is: 0345 300 3511 which is charged at the standard rate (or free if you have an inclusive call package from a landline).
  • Hi jon The number is: 0345 300 3511 which is charged at the standard rate (or free if you have an inclusive call package from a landline).

Hi
    As notified by
    The number is: 0345 300 3511, charged at the standard rate (or free if you have an inclusive call package from a landline).
    Regards, Chris,
  • Hi
    As notified by
    The number is: 0345 300 3511, charged at the standard rate (or free if you have an inclusive call package from a landline).
    Regards, Chris,

Hi , I have replied to your private message.
  • Hi , I have replied to your private message.

Hi Jon,
    Please check your private messages, where you will find a reply waiting for you.
    Best wishes, Chris,
  • Hi Jon,
    Please check your private messages, where you will find a reply waiting for you.
    Best wishes, Chris,

Hello Chris and Cas I'm writing to notify you of success with my charge back claim and my complaint.I received a text and email yesterday from Customer Relations telling me that my complaint about the length of time taken to investigate my charge back had been reviewed, and that my comments about issuing claim reference numbers would be passed on to "the business". My chargeback claim has been paid in full back to my Tesco Credit Card Account. So overall I am happy with the outcome, it's a shame that it took so long, but I think that one of you wrote earlier in this thread "to be patient" or "everything comes to he who waits" or similar sentiments. So, my issues have been "Solved" - not sure if a) I have the option to mark this thread as such, but b) even if I do, I jumped in to 's post, and it looks like he still has some way to go. Thanks for your positivity throughout, even though mine and others in this thread had waned. Kind regards - Neil
  • Hello Chris and Cas I'm writing to notify you of success with my charge back claim and my complaint.I received a text and email yesterday from Customer Relations telling me that my complaint about the length of time taken to investigate my charge back had been reviewed, and that my comments about issuing claim reference numbers would be passed on to "the business". My chargeback claim has been paid in full back to my Tesco Credit Card Account. So overall I am happy with the outcome, it's a shame that it took so long, but I think that one of you wrote earlier in this thread "to be patient" or "everything comes to he who waits" or similar sentiments. So, my issues have been "Solved" - not sure if a) I have the option to mark this thread as such, but b) even if I do, I jumped in to 's post, and it looks like he still has some way to go. Thanks for your positivity throughout, even though mine and others in this thread had waned. Kind regards - Neil

Fantastic Neil !
    Absolutely delighted to hear your good news, ok it took longer than anyone would wish, but the system works !
    Thanks for sharing with us,
    Best wishes, Chris,
  • Fantastic Neil !
    Absolutely delighted to hear your good news, ok it took longer than anyone would wish, but the system works !
    Thanks for sharing with us,
    Best wishes, Chris,

That's great news Neil I'm really pleased for you!!!!Thank you so much for posting the outcome on here for us.Warm wishes and stay safe, Caz
  • That's great news Neil I'm really pleased for you!!!!Thank you so much for posting the outcome on here for us.Warm wishes and stay safe, Caz
© 2020 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap