Ryanair flights

Hi....my flights to portugal on 26th are going ahead....despite the government telling me not to go ryanair wont offer a refund or vouchers.....would a charge back application succeed if I apply after the date of the flights..Clearly the Fco advice trumps mr o learns.....your website says to try the airline first which I have
  • 3 Replies

Above and beyond
    Hi We are in a fast moving scenario, and your flights may yet be cancelled before the 26th.I have been down this road with countless others over the past 4 or 5 months, and the simple answer to your question is no, it won't succeed.When flights go ahead as scheduled, but you decide to follow FCO advice and not to travel, then you are not eligible for a refund unless you are covered by travel insurance.My flights to Ireland on 26th were cancelled by Ryanair today, and i have applied for full refunds. However, I also have a single trip travel insurance policy purchased with World First, it only cost me £20 but it has saved me over £200 in otherwise non refundable accommodation charges with Trip Advisor and Imagine Ireland.It you have travel insurance you should be fine to claim on your policy.Kind Regards,
    Above and beyond
    Hi
    Just to let you know that Portugal has been taken off the FCO list today.
    I hope that you enjoy your holiday !
    Regards, Chris,
    Community superstar
    Hi As your flights are 6 days away I can't see Ryanair cancelling it.Also I have a very close friend who is also due to fly on the 26th August with Ryanair and despite not being able to enter the country he is not able to get his money back as the fight WILL go ahead.Ryanair will simply say the flight went ahead!!Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.Warm wishes, Caz