Shopping and short dates

Hi I received my weekly delivery - once again from a very pleasant driver who is always very cheerful and friendly.He mentioned the one short date - asparagus Best Before 19th August and it is listed on my invoice.However I have several other items best before from 16th - 19th August, yet not one of them is listed on my invoice. All are fresh fruit or vegetables, including 3 packs of tomatoes and 2 of nectarines. Please see photographs of items and invoice. As we cannot check the items at the door due to Covid-19, then this is not picked up until cleaning and sorting shopping. Too late to return to driver, if they are receiving returns at all. i suspect not if handled by customer - safety of course.I am questioning what is the protocol for deciding what items and dates appear on the invoice? Many thanks. GS1
  • 6 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    I'm sorry but as my colleague has explained we are Tesco Bank and can only deal with banking queries. Please contact directly and they will be more than happy to help address this issue for you. I'm sorry again we can't be more help here with this.
  • Verified Answer

Verified Answer
    Apologies but I thought the forum dealt with all aspects to do with Tesco, so asked as a general question, not for a refund etc. I am sure we discussed a whole range of things when I first joined. Thanks GS1
  • Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    I'm afraid not, , this is for Tesco Bank queries only. However, as my colleague has said, if you contact Tesco directly they will be happy to help.
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm sorry to learn you've had a delivery with short best before dates on some products.
    There were a several items with best before from 16th - 19th August (Sunday - Wednesday).
    Do you usually get fresh products with longer dates on? I only ask as I've been to my local large supermarket this morning (not Tesco) and they had a lot of fresh produce with 14th August (today) as the best before date.
    I wanted fresh fruit, vegetables, salad etc, as a result I took my items from the back of the shelf and even then they had best before 16th August!!
    To get a reply to your query you will need to contact Customer Service on 0800 505555.

Warm wishes, Caz
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm really sorry about this. We can only deal with banking queries here, however, if you contact directly, they'll be able to assist you further with this. I hope you get this resolved - Keigan
    Hi, thanks fro your quick response. I often get short dates but my main concern was the fact that only asparagus listed on shopping invoice as being short date yet OK to 19th! No problem there as I'll use it on Sunday 16th, but others with shorter dates - 16th, 17th etc. NOT LISTED on invoice as being short. These items will not be used before then, some keep beyond dates, others don't.It is difficult to know they are short dated unless listed for the driver to mention. I am mentioning it because it should apply to all short dates, so wondered what Tesco protocol was over listing short dates on invoice, please. Many thanks, GS1