Personal details wrong

Tesco Bank have managed to enter my date of birth wrongly on their system, they have the wrong birth year, i have a credit card account, when I asked them to correct this they told me that I had to send a certified copy of my birth certificate.
    I have to admit that I am stunned, I have to jump through hoops and waste my time and money to correct their error, given the unfathomably complex nature of the Tesco Bank security procedure how on earth was I able to pass the credit check with the wrong birth date entered on the system.
    My question - who do I email to complain to, I am not going to go through the interminable telephone system only to be fobbed off with a 'its our policy answer again' and there are no useful e-mail addresses on the website, all useful help gratefully received.
  • 6 Replies

Employee
    Hi@Quarryjmiller,

Thanks for posting on "The Community"

Sorry, we don't have a contact email address. You can write to us at Tesco Bank Credit Card Operations, PO Box 27028, Broadway One, Glasgow. G2 9FT and a complaint will be registered for you.

Thanks - Margaret

wrote:
    Tesco Bank have managed to enter my date of birth wrongly on their system, they have the wrong birth year, i have a credit card account, when I asked them to correct this they told me that I had to send a certified copy of my birth certificate.
    I have to admit that I am stunned, I have to jump through hoops and waste my time and money to correct their error, given the unfathomably complex nature of the Tesco Bank security procedure how on earth was I able to pass the credit check with the wrong birth date entered on the system.
    My question - who do I email to complain to, I am not going to go through the interminable telephone system only to be fobbed off with a 'its our policy answer again' and there are no useful e-mail addresses on the website, all useful help gratefully received.

Not acceptable.If you really wrote:
    Hi@Quarryjmiller, Thanks for posting on "The Community" Sorry, we don't have a contact email address. You can write to us at Tesco Bank Credit Card Operations, PO Box 27028, Broadway One, Glasgow. G2 9FT and a complaint will be registered for you. Thanks - Margaret
    care you wouldn't make it hard to complain Tesco...
    Employee

First of all welcome to "The Community"

Thanks for your feedback regarding complaints.

If a customer is unhappy with any part of the service we've given, we're here to resolve the problem. Customers can contact us by writing to us or contacting the relevant department by telephone. I have included the link to our complaints process

http://www.tescobank.com/help/complaints-process.html

Under the section "How and where to complain to" is a link for all of our contact details.

Hope this helps

Thanks - Margaret

If there was a mechanism to do this by email I wouldn't be conducting this
    conversation on an open forum.
    You refused a transaction for the sake of 54p, you wouldn't raise my credit
    limit (£1 would have done) and wouldn't credit any payment by debit card I
    offered.
    I have been a loyal and good customer for many years but no more.
    Your card goes on the back burner and when my new Co Op card arrives that
    becomes my day to day workhorse.
    How hard would it have been to be 54p flexible? Very, obviously. Especially
    as you won't even allow your customers to communicate by email...
    Employee

I am sorry that we do not have the mechanism in place to raise your complaint by email. We do want to resolve your complaint, however this would need to be by either letter or by telephone, the contact details are in my previous response. We do apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Margaret - Customer Care