Late payment fee dispute

Hi, Hi, Ive received a late payment fee letter today for my Tesco credit card. I have never missed a payment before in my life as I always have a direct debit set up. I thought this was already set up, so I am a bit confused what has happened here. Looking at my bank account I made a payment of £25 as soon as I saw the late payment fee on my online banking, but I also have a transaction for 30.49 for 'Tesco Bank first payment' on the 3rd of August. I presume this was the direct debit that was already set up, so Im not sure why I have received a late payment fee, but also the £30.49 payment has not yet come off my bill. Please could you look into this for me? Thanks.
  • 3 Replies

Above and beyond
    Hi I'm really sorry to hear this, but we’re here to help !.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can unsubscribe you.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Tesco Bank will reply to your private message as soon as they’ve checked it out for you.
    Best wishes,
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm really sorry to learn you've experienced difficulties with your Tesco Credit Card.
    As for your £30.49 as your first payment on 3rd August, that's a bit of a mystery!!
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' so this can be checked out and an appropriate response can be provided.

Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.

Towards the top right of the page in the blue band click onto 'Send a Message'.

Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode

You will get a repy from one of the Tesco Bank Team after they've had chance to look into this for you.

Warm wishes, Caz

Above and beyond
    Hi @CARYSLLOYDIt's a mystery and that's for sure, i would only expect to see this occur when the credit limit is exceeded at some point during the month, or if the direct debit was declined. This can happen if the DD has not been set up in time, not your fault, but either way it needs correcting.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to get it checked and receive a satisfactory response..
    Please Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Tesco Bank will reply to your private message with an explanation, as soon as they’ve checked it out for you.
    Best wishes, @CSKBrambles