• Tesco Credit Card: not impressed

So I have utilised the free 24 months 0% buying offer on my Tesco Credit Card. The deal is ending next week and I paid it all off by card today, but the payment is pending and I got the message that Tesco Bank is waiting for authorization from my bank. The thing is, it's a Tesco Bank card as well
    So Tesco Bank is waiting for Tesco Bank?!
    My other credit card updates instantaneously. Not sure why the delay
  • So I have utilised the free 24 months 0% buying offer on my Tesco Credit Card. The deal is ending next week and I paid it all off by card today, but the payment is pending and I got the message that Tesco Bank is waiting for authorization from my bank. The thing is, it's a Tesco Bank card as well
    So Tesco Bank is waiting for Tesco Bank?!
    My other credit card updates instantaneously. Not sure why the delay
  • Re: Tesco Credit Card: not impressed

Hi Yep, it does seem a bit strange Tesco Bank waiting for Tesco Bank.I have had this before with Halifax Bank, Halifax Bank waiting for Halifax Bank.The strange thing is the payment comes out straight away but is not allocated, its because it has to go over midnight and into another day.It will show as paid in a day or two, that's how it is with my Tesco Credit Card when I've paid.Caz,
  • Hi Yep, it does seem a bit strange Tesco Bank waiting for Tesco Bank.I have had this before with Halifax Bank, Halifax Bank waiting for Halifax Bank.The strange thing is the payment comes out straight away but is not allocated, its because it has to go over midnight and into another day.It will show as paid in a day or two, that's how it is with my Tesco Credit Card when I've paid.Caz,

Hey , sorry to hear this. If you send a private message to Tesco-Bank, we'll be able to check this for you.
  • Hey , sorry to hear this. If you send a private message to Tesco-Bank, we'll be able to check this for you.

Hi
    I see has asked you to send a private message so it can be checked out for you.
    To do this click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Caz
  • Hi
    I see has asked you to send a private message so it can be checked out for you.
    To do this click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Caz

Morning Rick I have had the same thing happen on Paypal Credit, when transferring money from Paypal !A pending transaction occurs whenever the following happens: When you make a purchase to your credit or debit card, this will be pending (waiting for) overnight processing. The following explanation was received :- If a transaction is made before 8.30 pm it will process overnight. Purchases after 8.30 pm will be processed the following night.
    Regards,

• Morning Rick I have had the same thing happen on Paypal Credit, when transferring money from Paypal !A pending transaction occurs whenever the following happens: When you make a purchase to your credit or debit card, this will be pending (waiting for) overnight processing. The following explanation was received :- If a transaction is made before 8.30 pm it will process overnight. Purchases after 8.30 pm will be processed the following night.
    Regards,

Maybe I’m being a bit silly but sometimes you have this brain storm of paying things of early and come tomorrow you need that cash so in my mind it’s a good thing waiting till the very last day to pay you never know what’s around the corner does that sound Irish to you or is it me being me ! But the bank being cautious with your money .
  • Maybe I’m being a bit silly but sometimes you have this brain storm of paying things of early and come tomorrow you need that cash so in my mind it’s a good thing waiting till the very last day to pay you never know what’s around the corner does that sound Irish to you or is it me being me ! But the bank being cautious with your money .

Hi That sounds like good logic to me, i'm actually very pleased with my Tesco Credit Card.I received a refund from Auto Europe yesterday, for cancellation of a car hire at Knock Airport in Ireland next month, forced by Ryanair cancelling my flights.The refund has automatically been deducted from my August statement, meaning i have a much lower bill to repay come the end of the month, so i'm very happy !Best Regards, Chris,
  • Hi That sounds like good logic to me, i'm actually very pleased with my Tesco Credit Card.I received a refund from Auto Europe yesterday, for cancellation of a car hire at Knock Airport in Ireland next month, forced by Ryanair cancelling my flights.The refund has automatically been deducted from my August statement, meaning i have a much lower bill to repay come the end of the month, so i'm very happy !Best Regards, Chris,

Hi No you are not silly at all.I can understand your logic of paying things at the last minute as one does not know what can crop up.I use to be the same when interest rates were much higher and my money was making interest for me in the bank.Caz
  • Hi No you are not silly at all.I can understand your logic of paying things at the last minute as one does not know what can crop up.I use to be the same when interest rates were much higher and my money was making interest for me in the bank.Caz

Sadly I fear that those halcyon days of decent interest rates have gone forever !
  • Sadly I fear that those halcyon days of decent interest rates have gone forever !
© 2020 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap