Incurred late payment plus interest even though direct debit in place and funds available

Hello, I noticed this month I incurred a late payment fee and have been charged interest on my Tesco Credit Card, despite having a direct debit in place to pay off the full balance and there were more than sufficient funds in the linked bank account. My direct debit has been in place for years so I don't understand why this has happened. What has gone wrong here? I can confirm that the direct debit is still in place both in my Tesco Credit Card account and on my bank's side as well. As soon as I saw this I paid the statement amount. I would like a refund on the late payment fee and the interest, as I had everything in place to pay it but Tesco did not debit my account. Best/David
  • 7 Replies

• Verified Answer

Employee
    Verified Answer
    Hi David, thanks for getting in touch about your account. So that I can look into this for you, can you please send us a private message to ? - Kevin
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm really sorry to hear about your fees and charged interest on your account.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' for someone to check this out for you and provide you with an appropriate response.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Hope this helps you to get this resolved.
    Warm wishes,
    Hope you get this sorted, just to add you'll also have a default on your credit history, this has stopped me getting a mortgage and its the only default I've had in 25 years!
    Thanks Stroggy2 - it's super annoying as I have an impeccable credit history as well! Hopefully Tesco sort it for me. After all, that's what the Direct Debit Guarantee is for.
    Above and beyond
    Hi @davjoh
    Something has gone seriously awry here, and it urgently needs checking out..
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' to get it looked at, and they will provide you with a timely response. To do this please proceed as follows :-
    Please Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    This should get everything sorted for you, best wishes,
    An update. Has been sorted by Tesco and a refund has been made. Apparently I "changed the Direct Debit lately and that has caused it not to collect for the last payment. When this was changed, a warning would flag up to say a manual payment would be required for the next payment that is due. Maybe you did not see that." I certainly did not see that, nor am I sure why this should be the case. Surely the previous arrangement should at least be in place until the change is made? All I did was change from paying the minimum amount to paying the full amount.
    Community superstar
    Hi I'm really very pleased everything has been sorted for you and you've received a refund.Please would you 'Accept as Solution' for me and to close down.Warm wishes,