DO NOT start a section 75 claim....

Eagle eye
    .....with Tesco. Tesco are a THIRD PARTY PROVIDER, consequently they fall way, way short of providing the same level of service as an actual bank. Section 75 claims can take months & months (my personal experience is FOUR MONTHS and still no resolution or updates). A comment on the BBC news website today states that AMEX currently take THREE DAYS to credit a claim and ten days before the cash is in your account. This is now typical for most credit cards from bona fide, full service banks. Tesco credit cards are a waste of space when there are better DIRECT providers available. If it is too late and you already have a Tesco credit card and you need to make a Section 75 claim my advice is DON’T. Instead, notify the retailer via ‘signed for’ correspondence that they have 14 days to refund otherwise you will utilise the Small Claims Court and then do it if they still do not refund.This is a very easy, online process that I have used a few times. If you are in the right, YOU WILL NOT LOSE.A comment on BBC News today states that somebody did exactly this against Secret Escapes and received their full refund AND COSTS within 14 days. Sooooooooo much quicker than relying on Tesco (joke of a) Bank. Oh - and it should go without saying; change your Tesco credit card for a more reputable provider ASAP!
  • 1 Reply

Fresh Eyes
    @Purrfecttune , I know this is old but...I think you may need a retune.
    Tesco is not a 3rd party provider - google is your friend sometimes...have a look...

However, it does seem like they take longer than most others so people need to make their own minds up I guess, and challenge along the way.
    If you think they are being unfair with the length of time or the outcome, contact the financial ombudsman. It's what they do.

Also, the small claims court costs (unless you win of course), but then you may have to pay yet more to get the small claims court decision enforced!
    And all of that takes a lot of time - probably about as much time as waiting for Tesco to cough up!!

We all need a bit of patience especially in these troubled times :(