Can a retailer challenge a Section 75 claim?

Hi,I've finally had confirmation after 7 weeks that I will get a claim back under Section 75. My text from Tesco Credit Card says "the retailer has 45 days to challenge this, we will contact you if this happens". My understanding of Section 75 is that Tesco Credit Card are jointly liable and the retailer doesn't come into play? Can someone please clarify if I am guaranteed my refund or do I have to hold on for another 6+ weeks. Before chasing my Travel insurance again? Can anyone advise? Thanks
  • 29 Replies

Above and beyond
    Hi Section 75 rules state that the retailer has 45 days to dispute a reversed transaction.You are entitled to take your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service, in the unlikely event of a retailer challenge after 30 days.Your claim will be progressed by Tesco Bank after 45 days.Hope this clarifies for you,Best Wishes
    Thanks So I'm assuming this means Tesco CC will try and get the refund from the retailer (A smallish holiday cottage company). Otherwise, why would the retailer challenge? The timings do not make sense. The text says "the dispute has been processed and refunded to your account". So I'm expecting to see a credit payment tomorrow (I was told that would be the case on the phone last week). Are you suggesting I can only go to the Ombudsman 30 days after a retailer challenge? and I also cannot assume I have a refund for 6 weeks?
    Above and beyond
    Hi Tesco Credit Card are jointly liable, so the cost of the refund is absorbed.If you've been refused a refund,or received no response, then submitted your claim 15 days thereafter, your claim will be accepted.I'm delighted to say that If the text says that your claim has been processed and refunded to your account, then your wait is over ! The refund will appear in your account shortly.Best Wishes,
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm really sorry to hear this, it is so confusing!

Rules around Section 75 gives the retailer 45 days to dispute a reversed transaction, and a further 60 days to gather evidence.
    Having said that, as you rightly state the credit card company is jointly liable and not only that but severally liable.
    That is why you should get your refund back within a couple of days that is why your text says "the dispute has been processed and refunded to your account".
    Hope this helps, warm wishes,
    Above and beyond
    Good Morning I'm just following up from yesterday, to check if your refund has been received ?If not, please proceed as below to reach an acceptable solution.Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message', they will check it out, and provide a satisfactory response for you.

If you click on this link @Tesco-Bank it will take you to a page 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click onto 'Send a Message', a new page opens up 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please remember to include your full name, date of birth and post code
    Best Wishes,
    Thanks & I haven't received my refund yet - so will private message Regards
    Community superstar
    Hi I'm sorry you haven't received your refund yet.As I said yesterday it can take a couple of days.However please send a private message to Tesco Bank and they will repond with an appropriate reply.Take care and warm wishes,
    Above and beyond
    You're very welcome !I look forward to hearing some good news very soon, please let me know.Best Wishes,
    Hi I have the refund in my account. Now I have been informed it is dated the same as the purchase date (28th Feb), I can find with online banking, but not on the App. Confused However, I am still confused with regards to the retailer challenging and if the refund can be clawed back again. It's not clear that because I now have the refund the dispute is closed. Here's what my private message says: "we don't always process a dispute as a section 75 if you have chargeback rights, we will process it this way instead, this will be why you have received this text message. All claims just have to be confirmed with the retailer first to ensure they don’t have any reasons we are not aware of about not refunding. Now the refund has been processed....." I thought I was claiming a Section 75 dispute. Yours confused