Intrest charge on my credit card during Covid19 payment break

I was very relieved when Tesco given this payment break , to it's csutomers during this inconvenient time, but sadly I have been charged intrest on my credit card during Covid 19 payment break, when I have received two letters on two separate occasions with one stating, that how I won't be charged any intrest on my credit balance nor late payment fee during my payment break and another letter showing how I need to pay the intrest for the last three months. I would really appreciate if could you fix this ?
  • 2 Replies

Former Your Community Expert
    Hi , sorry to hear about this. Was your card on a 0% rate before taking the payment break or did you normally have interest on the balance each month?
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm sorry to hear about this and I will certainly help you to get it resolved.
    Do you mean interest charged on your outstanding balance to Tesco Bank? If you do interest will continue to be charged during a payment break on the balance as its still outstanding.
    Any late payment fees will be refunded and it will have no effect on your credit file.
    Please send Tesco Bank a 'Private Message' for someone to check this out and give you an appropriate response.
    Click on this link and it will take you to a page, 'About Tesco Bank'.
    In the top right of the page click 'Send a Message'.
    A new page will open up, 'Create New Message'.
    Complete it and send your message securely.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.
    Hope this helps!!!
    Warm wishes