• Plastic bags

Having been more fortunate recently in actually obtaining several deliveries, I now have a great surplus of plastic bags.We do reuse them, but not going out has resulted in the accumulation, so it would take some time to use them as we have a regular saver option, so normally have a delivery every week without bags, but understand it is essential in present circumstances.Doe TESCO have any plans to collect and recycle at a much later date - when safe to do so?Many thanks, GS
    Click below to see solutions
  • Having been more fortunate recently in actually obtaining several deliveries, I now have a great surplus of plastic bags.We do reuse them, but not going out has resulted in the accumulation, so it would take some time to use them as we have a regular saver option, so normally have a delivery every week without bags, but understand it is essential in present circumstances.Doe TESCO have any plans to collect and recycle at a much later date - when safe to do so?Many thanks, GS
    Click below to see solutions
  • Best Answer Re: Plastic bags

Hey I only wish that i could be your neighbour, and recycle them for you ! It is truly heart wrenching, not being able to see our loved ones, other than on Face Time or Zoom, as you say it is not nearly the same.If you are happy with the responses received :-Please "accept as a solution", to clear down and confirm that it's solved.Have a great day, and best wishes,
  • Hey I only wish that i could be your neighbour, and recycle them for you ! It is truly heart wrenching, not being able to see our loved ones, other than on Face Time or Zoom, as you say it is not nearly the same.If you are happy with the responses received :-Please "accept as a solution", to clear down and confirm that it's solved.Have a great day, and best wishes,
  • Re: Plastic bags

Hi Does Tesco recycle carrier bags?To help our customers recycle, we have recycling stations in many of our UK stores including front of store recycling for carrier bags in all of the larger stores. Hope this helps !
  • Hi Does Tesco recycle carrier bags?To help our customers recycle, we have recycling stations in many of our UK stores including front of store recycling for carrier bags in all of the larger stores. Hope this helps !

Hi In the front lobby of my local Tesco supermarket they have a carrier bag recycling unit. Perhaps if you have a neighbour, friend or relative who is shopping instore maybe you could leave them out and they could take them in with them on their next visit?Stay safe!
  • Hi In the front lobby of my local Tesco supermarket they have a carrier bag recycling unit. Perhaps if you have a neighbour, friend or relative who is shopping instore maybe you could leave them out and they could take them in with them on their next visit?Stay safe!

Many thanks for your reply, that is useful to know.I had heard that at least one other supermarket collects used bags when delivering the next shop and wondered if TESCO would do the same one back on an even keel.Keep safe!GS
  • Many thanks for your reply, that is useful to know.I had heard that at least one other supermarket collects used bags when delivering the next shop and wondered if TESCO would do the same one back on an even keel.Keep safe!GS

I work for Tesco and we normally have a designated cage for plastic bag recycling as you enter the store. I would imagine, in the near future, that these will return to stores which removed them as part of the pandemic. We don't have a Dot Com operation on site so am unable to help in terms of collection from home, sorry.
  • I work for Tesco and we normally have a designated cage for plastic bag recycling as you enter the store. I would imagine, in the near future, that these will return to stores which removed them as part of the pandemic. We don't have a Dot Com operation on site so am unable to help in terms of collection from home, sorry.

Many thanks to all those who have responded. It is much appreciated.It might be that we have to eventually make a trip to a local store to recycle when that is available, but for now they are stored in the garage.I have been at home and not gone beyond the front gate since March 13th, so a bit longer to be safe is no problem.Desperate to hug my grandchildren, though Face Time them every day and do Zoom, but not he same.Keep safe everyone!GS
  • Many thanks to all those who have responded. It is much appreciated.It might be that we have to eventually make a trip to a local store to recycle when that is available, but for now they are stored in the garage.I have been at home and not gone beyond the front gate since March 13th, so a bit longer to be safe is no problem.Desperate to hug my grandchildren, though Face Time them every day and do Zoom, but not he same.Keep safe everyone!GS

Many thanks.I have got and answer and resolution to recycling plastic bags.With all good wishes,GS
  • Many thanks.I have got and answer and resolution to recycling plastic bags.With all good wishes,GS

Thank you for confirming, Kind Regards,
  • Thank you for confirming, Kind Regards,
© 2020 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap