• Accidental over payment on balance transfer

I submitted a balance transfer yesterday from MBNA to my Tesco card however I've accidentally typed in the incorrect amount meaning that there will be an overpayment of around £1,800. I've called MBNA to ask that they cancel the transfer so that I can do it again for the correct amount, however they are saying its too late to call it back. Can I claim back the overpayment in order to then pay it off the balance on the other card? Or will the payment be stopped anyway on Tesco's side? Thanks
  • I submitted a balance transfer yesterday from MBNA to my Tesco card however I've accidentally typed in the incorrect amount meaning that there will be an overpayment of around £1,800. I've called MBNA to ask that they cancel the transfer so that I can do it again for the correct amount, however they are saying its too late to call it back. Can I claim back the overpayment in order to then pay it off the balance on the other card? Or will the payment be stopped anyway on Tesco's side? Thanks
  • Re: Accidental over payment on balance transfer

Hi You can send secure message from here to Tesco Bank. I'm sure someone will be only too happy to help you.Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page 'About Tesco-Bank'. In the top right of the page click 'Send a message', a page opens up, 'Create New Message'. Complete it and send your message securely. Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.Hope this helps you get it sorted!
  • Hi You can send secure message from here to Tesco Bank. I'm sure someone will be only too happy to help you.Click on this link @Tesco-Bank and it will take you to a page 'About Tesco-Bank'. In the top right of the page click 'Send a message', a page opens up, 'Create New Message'. Complete it and send your message securely. Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode.Hope this helps you get it sorted!
  • Re: Accidental over payment on balance transfer

Hi , has this over payment put your credit card into a credit balance?
  • Hi , has this over payment put your credit card into a credit balance?
  • Similar question - I have completed a balance transfer from Santander CC to my Tesco CC, but it did not go through in time before my Tesco cc was paid off by my current account. Therefore my Tesco CC account is about to go significantly into the positive credit. Is this allowed under money laundering rules? I don't need to pay it back into my current account as I can just spend the positive credit on my Tesco CC within the month.

Also - how long does Tesco CC take to register a Balance transfer from a different bank?
  • Similar question - I have completed a balance transfer from Santander CC to my Tesco CC, but it did not go through in time before my Tesco cc was paid off by my current account. Therefore my Tesco CC account is about to go significantly into the positive credit. Is this allowed under money laundering rules? I don't need to pay it back into my current account as I can just spend the positive credit on my Tesco CC within the month.

Also - how long does Tesco CC take to register a Balance transfer from a different bank?
  • Hi @aussiedog77
    When your credit card account goes into positive credit balance you can complete a money transfer of the amount above your credit balance without penalties.
    You will initially incur a transfer fee but don’t worry as this will be refunded to you in full within 14 days.
    Hope this helps, regards , Chris, @CSKBrambles
  • Hi @aussiedog77
    When your credit card account goes into positive credit balance you can complete a money transfer of the amount above your credit balance without penalties.
    You will initially incur a transfer fee but don’t worry as this will be refunded to you in full within 14 days.
    Hope this helps, regards , Chris, @CSKBrambles
  • Thanks - any idea how long does Tesco CC take to register a Balance transfer from a different bank on my account?
  • Thanks - any idea how long does Tesco CC take to register a Balance transfer from a different bank on my account?
  • Hey @aussiedog77 , thank you for getting in touch. If you’ve completed a balance transfer from another credit card, it can take 2-3 working days for this to fully process. However, if you’re referring to a money transfer which allows you to transfer money from your credit card to your bank account, then this usually takes 1-2 working days. You can find out more about this and how to do this here - Cheryl
  • Hey @aussiedog77 , thank you for getting in touch. If you’ve completed a balance transfer from another credit card, it can take 2-3 working days for this to fully process. However, if you’re referring to a money transfer which allows you to transfer money from your credit card to your bank account, then this usually takes 1-2 working days. You can find out more about this and how to do this here - Cheryl
  • Hey @aussiedog77 ,
    A money transfer from your credit card to your bank account usually takes 1-2 working days. You can find out more and how to do this here
    Kind regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
  • Hey @aussiedog77 ,
    A money transfer from your credit card to your bank account usually takes 1-2 working days. You can find out more and how to do this here
    Kind regards, Chris, @CSKBrambles
© 2020 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap