Now into my tenth week of waiting for Tesco to action my Section 75 claim. Despite many telephone calls and many emails, Tesco have done nothing and are unable to advise the status. Basically, my claim has been dropped in a black hole. Sending a private message or complaining to their Complaints department are equally useless, all you get back is automated emails saying that they will look into it - but of course, they don’t and NOTHING changes.

Despite their automated email and telephone messages stating that claims are taking up to 6 weeks, this is completely false as you will note from the many complaints on these forums. If it has been more than 6 weeks and you have had no information regarding your claim, CONTACT THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN (as I have). It is an easy, online formality and was covered by Martin Lewis this week in his mail out. DO NOT LISTEN TO CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISORS SAYING THAT THEY WILL ‘SPEAK WITH THEIR MANAGER’ BECAUSE WHETHER THEY DO OR NOT, IT DOES NOT MAKE THE SLIGHTEST DIFFERENCE.