No Google Pay yet? - Update: Google Pay is here

Best thing is Sainsbury's Bank works with Google Pay but Tesco is unwilling to to look into doing anything with Google Pay
    Fresh Eyes
    Installed Google Pay for the first time today as I didn't have my wallet and just to add to the sentiments of previous posts I was really disappointed to see Tesco Bank doesn't support this. The simple fact is that the days of going round with a wallet or purse stuffed full of cards is fast disappearing. Tesco has really made a mistake here as I have now added a competitors credit card and will use that from now for convenience. Come on Tesco you have lots of loyal customers who like collecting points but this is an error that's costing you those customers and their money everyday.
    Eagle eye
    Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback @Branoc. I'll certainly record your comments and pass them across to the relevant team. If we do introduce this in the future, we'll be in touch to let customers know via our website and Community pages.
    Just to add a further voice (please don't bother cutting and pasting the usual 'Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback @Branoc . I'll certainly record your comments and pass them across to the relevant team.' again - it's meaningless and actually worse than just not responding at all) I do find it extraordinary that you do not support google pay for your credit cards, when you support Apple Pay. It's extraordinary because mid pandemic you should be encouraging customers to engage in contactless payment as much as possible. It's also extraordinary because it's so backwards! This is 2021 - people expect to be able to pay with their phones/watches regardless of operating system.

As it happens having recently moved I'm closer to a Sainsburys than a Tesco. We spend £6K a year on groceries and about £18K a year on the card elsewhere. Sainsburys' card does do Google pay and as silly as it sounds, it's enough for us to switch card and groceries supplier. I know £24K is a tiny drop in the ocean to the Tesco bohemoth but I suspect I'm not alone.
    Just looking
    +another 1 to add to the already bulging list of current customers reeling in disappointment and even shock that Tesco Bank does not support the use of Google Pay.

We use the Tesco Credit Card for practically every purchase we make as a family so totals up to £3000 a month, or at least we did!

Using the card also gently pushes me towards using Tesco for all food and fuel shopping, if I change to a Sainsbury's card I have no doubt I will naturally move to their food and fuel. Multiply this across your customer base who are naturally moving more and more to electronic payment systems and just consider for a minute the customer base you are losing, not potentially losing but absolutely are losing.

The usual 'Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback' response will result in the same condensation as felt by all who have received it so don't bother.

A response explaining the factors affect Tesco's business decision would be most enlightening, and an understanding of what needs to change for this decision to be reversed.

Until then Tesco will be losing custom in more than 1 of it's businesses.
    Your Community Expert
    @ohboy123, I'm sorry about this, but this is all we can do. We'll record your comments as feedback and pass it over to the relevant team. Apologies for any inconvenience - Keigan
    Just looking
    Same sentiments here. Can't understand why Tesco can't join the rest of the banking community and understand that loads of people have android phones. Wake up and stop the lame repetitive comments.
    Above and beyond
    Hi @CathEdge

I'm relatively new to smartphones, with very limited experience of Android phones.

My first ever smartphone was a Sony Xperia for my 64th birthday last year.

Try as i may i just couldn't get on with it, so i swapped it for an Apple iPhone 6s and wow !

12 months on and i can scarcely believe that i'm now using mobile banking with touch id.

I know it doesn't deal with your issue, but Apple Pay is very good and i use it everywhere.

In much the same way that i suspect you enjoy using Google Pay on your phone.

To be honest though, i only ever use Tesco Pay + app at Tesco stores and petrol stations.

This is available for you to download from Google Play onto your Android phone.

That's what i would recommend.

Tesco Pay + Google Play

Best Wishes, Chris, @CSKBrambles
    Just looking
    #CSKBRambles thanks for the unsolicited promo for Apple products. This is not the place!! I have my reasons for not having an Apple device. I have been using the Pay+ app since it came out. This is not point. The Pay+ app is limited to use in Tesco stores. I don't have blind loyalty to any brand and also shop elsewhere. Being able to use Google pay with the Tesco credit card would be much more convenient and refusing to permit this is a stupid oversight by Tesco.
    Why are Tesco Bank Credit Cards still not allowed on Google Pay ?
    With the recent announcement that the chancellor is going to increase contactless payments to £100.00 surely this is another reason why Tesco Bank Credit cards could be linked to Google Pay. In this age of technologically advanced smart phones surely having to carry credit cards and cash are a thing of the past.
    Is Tesco missing the plot ?