Instant saver = instant log out. Is it just me?

This week, I cannot log in to my account.My photo and memorable phrase are there, the website accepts my security number and password, the page loads... And then I see a message that I've been logged out for inactivity. Within 10 seconds. This is a major problem as I desperately need to put money into my joint account--right now we're on holiday and my partner is having to use all of his funds so that we have access to cash. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • 4 Replies

Employee
    Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry you're having problems logging in. If you call +44 141 278 7386 we can arrange a transfer for you and discuss the issue you are having logging into the account.

Thanks

Margaret
    Customer Care

Former Community Manager
    Is anyone else having a similar problem?
    Thanks, but I'm on holiday outside the UK and don't have the paperwork from when I opened the account. And I think the problem is quite serious--eg expensive phone call--because for 3 or 4 days before I started having log in problems, I could not make any transfers out. Even one that I had set up two weeks in advance and confirmed, for a bill payment, failed with no notification. Luckily I saw the problem before I was charged for a missed payment! Bizarrely, 3 weeks after opening the account and making two deposits into it, I got an email telling me I had to register for online banking. It is an online-only account, so registering was part of opening. (I checked the help desk info on the website, I've done everything listed in the 'register online' description.) If this problem is not widespread, then I'll have to wait until I'm home and use the credit card more than planned.
    Employee
    No problems here.... able to log onto online banking without issue. Could it be connected to where your trying to log on/wifi service or the computer/browser you are using?