Anyone know how long chargebacks are taking?

Eagle eye
    Tesco is full of b*** s***I have been waiting NINE weeks and despite several phone calls, they are still not willing to give updates.My advice is to contact the Martin Lewis show AND the Financial Ombudsman. Both contacts are easy to find on the internet (I did post them on this forum but Tesco removed them - surprise surprise)!
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear about this, please send a private message to the account and we can have a look at this for you.
    I have been waiting for 2 weeks for a call back from Tesco!I have asked them if they don't feel I have a claim and they are not going to pay to issue me with deadlock letter so that I can then raise it with the Financial Ombudsman. Surprise, surprise they responded by saying it had been forwarded to disputes manager for a call back! My 6 weeks are up on Monday 20th July and if I don't have an update or payment by the 8th week since I submitted my claim, I will be contacting the Financial Ombudsman directly without the deadlock letter. Another avenue that I am considering is to report Tesco Bank to the Competition and Markets Authority where a case will be raised. My husband put in a S75 claim with his credit card company and he initially got an acknowledgement and an update to say it had been passed to the disputes team. No updates from Tesco Bank and it is not good enough. I have not used my Tesco credit card and will not until this is resolved. In fact, they now owe me money (£130 and when I go to do a money transfer online they want to charge me for doing so.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , really sorry to hear this. If you send a private message to Tesco-Bank, we'll look into this for you.
    Eagle eye
    I am currently entering my FOURTH MONTH waiting for my claim to be resolved. Despite many, many phone calls and emails from me, Tesco are still unwilling to give me an update. Tesco are full of s*** and their ‘six weeks to process’ message is completely false.

YOU MUST instigate an official complaint against them and then follow up with the Financial Ombudsman.
    Employee
    Hi , I'm really sorry about this. If you would like to discuss this further, please send a private message to - Keigan
    Eagle eye
    Utterly pointless to send private messages relating to Section 75 claims. Forum experts may well be genuine when they say they want to help but the fact of the matter is, all they can do is pass information on to the management who simply ignore it and change nothing. The ONLY course of action that customers should take is to raise an official complaint then follow up with the Financial Ombudsman.DO NOT WAIT LONGER THAN THE SIX WEEKS THAT TESCO QUOTE BECAUSE IT IS BLATANTLY UNTRUE AND YOU WILL INSTEAD, BE WAITING MONTHS.
    On the look out
    Tesco bank need to make some form of official statement on this,the DMing is a waste of time it just goes on and oooooooooooon?
    We have been waiting 8 weeks. Customer service has been appalling and constant fob offs. We have had to put in a complaint as despite having email acknowledgment of our Charge back claim upon calling Tesco Bank, they had lost the claim!! . They do not appear to have regard for the hardship customers are experiencing due to Covid. They constantly ask you to PM them.,,, been there, done that, again same service, dreadful. All I can say is don’t give up,
    Community superstar
    Hi
    I'm really sorry that you've been waiting 8 weeks and I empathize that its a difficult time you're experiencing while waiting for your claim to be processed.
    I do admire your determination through all of this.
    Warm wishes, Caz