NHS Volunteering

I am an NHS Volunteer. Most frequent issue from service users is they do not have cash money to be able to pay for their requested groceries. What initiatives are available at Tesco to support and facilitate this. I am keen to be forearmed with correct information to share with service users.
  • 5 Replies

Above and beyond
    Hi MMG2020, please find Tesco accepted payment methods below, hope this helps ! Thanks for doing such a great job.You can pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Maestro, Visa Debit, Clubcard Plus, Tesco Bank credit cards and Tesco Bank debit cards.We’re unable to accept Maestro cards for Delivery Saver payments. We don’t currently accept Visa Electron cards or Solo cards or Tesco Gift Cards. If you do have an Electron card, please check with your issuing bank, as they can upgrade your card to let you shop online with us. You can also put your Clubcard vouchers towards payment. Go to our Clubcard website to find out how.In order to help us validate your payment card, a pre-authorisation amount of £2 is reserved from your account automatically when you check out. Upon validation of this amount, checkout can continue. On the day of delivery or Click+Collect, full authorisation takes place whereby the total amount is requested from your bank and the £2 pre-authorisation request removed. The pre-authorisation reserve will return to your account within a few working days. If you cancel your order, the pre-authorisation reserve will be removed from your account within a few working days.
    Thank you. I think the question may have got lost in translation. My question is, if the person I am shopping for does not have cash money to give to me to pay for their shopping, does Tesco have any contingency plan in place for a volunteer to be able to buy groceries for a service user e.g. does Tesco accept over the telephone payments as volunteers can not use someone else’s payment card, even with their permission.
    Above and beyond
    Thanks for the clarification, unfortunately you are limited to either online payment, or payment in store, click and collect is an option. However, I myself am currently grocery shopping for several vulnerable local neighbours. I pay for everything they need on my own card, and they just reimburse me by cash or cheque, this works pretty well for everyone. The shopping lists are posted through my letterbox every day !
    This card is now available from Tesco, which should solve your problem;https://www.tescogiftcards.com/We are currently trying to incorporate this ecard into https://boxaid.co.uk to help the NHS volunteers.
    Above and beyond
    Hi This is a great way for NHS volunteers to pay for shopping at Tesco, i will definitely share and recommend to others.Congratulations on the fantastic work you're doing with Boxaid to help the NHS !Best Wishes,