• Essential items

I've heard a great deal about people checking other shoppers baskets and judging the contents. I feel this is totally unacceptable. The person buying paint might not go out again for several days because they are painting, the person buying food might do so every day. I think kindness should be the order of the day. I have felt really frustrated because I have not been able to order paint online or an incinerator (lots of garden rubbish and no collections) online even though the companies are showing stock. Does anyone know if there is a restriction on purchasing paint online? Surely better to order and have delivered than go out to purchase? My house really needs decorating so thought I could keep myself occupied inside and do some good as well.
  • I've heard a great deal about people checking other shoppers baskets and judging the contents. I feel this is totally unacceptable. The person buying paint might not go out again for several days because they are painting, the person buying food might do so every day. I think kindness should be the order of the day. I have felt really frustrated because I have not been able to order paint online or an incinerator (lots of garden rubbish and no collections) online even though the companies are showing stock. Does anyone know if there is a restriction on purchasing paint online? Surely better to order and have delivered than go out to purchase? My house really needs decorating so thought I could keep myself occupied inside and do some good as well.
  • Re: Essential items

Hi I've been ordering paint online on several separate occasions & getting it delivered for a few weeks now without any problems.
  • Hi I've been ordering paint online on several separate occasions & getting it delivered for a few weeks now without any problems.

Hiya queenofironing ! you can definitely order paint online, www.crownpaints.co.uk or www.duluxdecoratorcentre,co.uk are very good, and would recommend to accommodate your every need !
  • Hiya queenofironing ! you can definitely order paint online, www.crownpaints.co.uk or www.duluxdecoratorcentre,co.uk are very good, and would recommend to accommodate your every need !

Hi, Would you mind telling me which companies you used? I tried to order from both Wickes and B& Q, neither were able to offer a delivery date or collection time. Managed to get a small tin from Wilko online but I really want a Dulux shade called Vast Lake - its a weather shield product.
  • Hi, Would you mind telling me which companies you used? I tried to order from both Wickes and B& Q, neither were able to offer a delivery date or collection time. Managed to get a small tin from Wilko online but I really want a Dulux shade called Vast Lake - its a weather shield product.

Thanks. I've already tried Dulux they are not accepting any further orders at the moment. Will have a look at Crown. Thank you so much for replying. Have a whole house in need of painting so perfect time to get started.
  • Thanks. I've already tried Dulux they are not accepting any further orders at the moment. Will have a look at Crown. Thank you so much for replying. Have a whole house in need of painting so perfect time to get started.

Spock the online selling app- has people offering to do shopping for self isolaters, may be worth a look-you could always offer a small payment for their troubles, or have you thought about calling the local taxi firm? If you can place an order with Wickes/B&Q, pay for it, then they would just need to pick up-seems silly Deliveroo will pick up your McDonalds order-but I wonder if they would do this kind of delivery?
  • Spock the online selling app- has people offering to do shopping for self isolaters, may be worth a look-you could always offer a small payment for their troubles, or have you thought about calling the local taxi firm? If you can place an order with Wickes/B&Q, pay for it, then they would just need to pick up-seems silly Deliveroo will pick up your McDonalds order-but I wonder if they would do this kind of delivery?

Hi I've ordered paint from Amazon & Ebay from various sellers. This was all brand new paint, unopened, unopened, might be worth you looking there.I did find this after a quick search on Ebay but not sure if its what you want: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dulux-Wea...AAAOSwUI5enIBZ
  • Hi I've ordered paint from Amazon & Ebay from various sellers. This was all brand new paint, unopened, unopened, might be worth you looking there.I did find this after a quick search on Ebay but not sure if its what you want: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dulux-Wea...AAAOSwUI5enIBZ

Essential items are different for everyone, it's so strange that people feel the need judge others at such a difficult time.I hope you manage to get paint, we stocked up before lockdown but are now needing more fence paint, anything to keep away the boredom.We all need to do what helps us in this very difficult time.Good luck all.
  • Essential items are different for everyone, it's so strange that people feel the need judge others at such a difficult time.I hope you manage to get paint, we stocked up before lockdown but are now needing more fence paint, anything to keep away the boredom.We all need to do what helps us in this very difficult time.Good luck all.

Sorry to hear that queenofironing, i'm hoping that you've got your paint supply sorted out now. The local Home Hardware and Homebase stores have both now re-opened near me. There should be some DIY stores like B&Q opened/opening in your area around now. Best Wishes.
  • Sorry to hear that queenofironing, i'm hoping that you've got your paint supply sorted out now. The local Home Hardware and Homebase stores have both now re-opened near me. There should be some DIY stores like B&Q opened/opening in your area around now. Best Wishes.

Morning Hope you've managed to get the paint you wanted.In my area many DIY stores are open. Including the Dulux shop.Just like you I have almost a full house that needs painting.Completed the lounge, dining room & downstairs cloakroom paining walls, doors, skirting boards. Now concentrating on the garden for a change of scenery!!Take care & stay safe.
  • Morning Hope you've managed to get the paint you wanted.In my area many DIY stores are open. Including the Dulux shop.Just like you I have almost a full house that needs painting.Completed the lounge, dining room & downstairs cloakroom paining walls, doors, skirting boards. Now concentrating on the garden for a change of scenery!!Take care & stay safe.
© 2020 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap