Holiday refund to Credit Card - Payment from Credit Card back to my bank account

Hello,TUI have notified me that they will be paying a refund for our family holiday back onto our Tesco Credit Card - this will be a sizeable sum. The credit card was 'paid up', and so the refund will create a large positive balance on the card. How do I transfer this back into my bank account please? (not a Tesco bank account)
  • 5 Replies

• Verified Answer

Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    Hi, thanks for getting in touch. If you have a credit balance on your account, you can request a refund for your exact credit balance on your account as a money transfer. You can do this through online banking or the mobile app.

Please note, you can only request a money transfer to move the amount of funds you are in credit by and not the amount refunded to you by the merchant. For example, if you received a refund of £300 yet are in credit of £200 (showing as -£200), please only transfer the £200. I have attached a link to show you how to do this.

If you pay your card off in full each month then we can arrange for the whole amount of the refund to be returned to you, but I will need to ask you to contact us on 0345 300 4278 (Mon - Fri: 8am to 9pm, Sat - Sun: 8am - 6pm) to arrange this.

When we process this type of refund sometimes a money transfer fee will be applied in error. If you see this appear via online banking or the mobile app then don’t be alarmed. If you’ve only transferred the exact amount you are in credit by, we'll automatically refund this fee within 7-10 working days. I hope this helps! - Caroline

https://community.tescobank.com/t5/C...ing/ta-p/33019
    Last edited by ChristopherP; 06-01-21 at 09:19. Reason: process change
    This response did not answer an identical query I have. British Airways has refunded payment to my credit card. The telephone number you provide is totally automated and does NOT make a provision to gain transfer from my credit card to my bank account. Please adise how this can actually be achieved
    Community superstar
    Hi @Steveonly
    That's great that BA have refunded your payment and its really easy to do.
    https://community.tescobank.com/t5/C...ing/ta-p/33019
    I have attached a link to assist you, however you'll need to scroll down.
    When this process is done you may incur a transfer fee, fear not it WILL be refunded to you in 7-10 days. The actual refund takes up to two working days to get back into your bank account.
    If you have a credit balance on your account, you can request a refund for your exact credit balance on your account as a money transfer. You can do this through online banking or the mobile app.
    Please note, you can only request a money transfer to move the amount of funds you are in credit by and not the amount refunded to you by the merchant.
    For example, if you received a refund of £300 yet are in credit of £200 (showing as -£200), please only transfer the £200.
    Hope this helps!!
    Have a lovely weekend Caz @25H
    Window shopper
    can you tell me what the link is as well please 
    Community superstar
    Hi @AustinA40
    This is the link to assist you how to arrange a refund yourself: https://www.tescobank.com/help/credi...lance-refunds/
    If you have a credit balance on your account, you can request a refund for your exact credit balance on your account as a money transfer. You can do this through online banking or the mobile app.
    Please note, you can only request a money transfer to move the amount of funds you are in credit by and not the amount refunded to you by the merchant.
    For example, if you received a refund of £300 yet are in credit of £200 (showing as -£200), please only transfer the £200.

When this process is done you may incur a transfer fee, fear not it WILL be refunded to you in 7-10 days. The actual refund takes up to two working days to get back into your bank account.
    Hope this helps!!
    Have a lovely weekend Caz @25H