Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Direct debit not taken
    20-03-20 , 22:26

I have a direct debit in place for years, recently updated to full payment and my online account show as payment will be taken in full. I thought great and thought no more of it. I just went on to check tesco account tonight as there’s is still no sign of the money leaving my personal debit account and I’ve been charged a late payment fee of £12. I have not missed a payment in last 7 years of having the account. Bit puzzled what’s gonewrong. Please can you help me? Why did it say it was due to be taken but wasn’t?
    Click below to see solutions
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 26

Best Answer Re: Direct debit not taken
    21-03-20 , 09:10

Hi , if you make a change to your direct debit after your monthly statement was produced and before your due date then your direct debit will not be taken until the following month. If you send a private message to with your details we can look into this for you.
    Thumbs Up

Re: Direct debit not taken
    21-03-20 , 21:37

Inboxed details yesterday.
    Thumbs Up

21-03-20 , 21:40

No information about that! I will check the dates changes was made. But can this be reverted if I call and pay by debit card tomorrow?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 101

21-03-20 , 21:47

I've now replied to your private message with some further info to help get this sorted!
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

04-02-21 , 19:48

Hi, I’ve just had the same problem. Just checked my account to see why my payment hadn’t gone from my bank and I’ve got a late payment charge even though I have a direct debit! I changed it to full balance and it said accepted but there was no warning that it wouldn’t go through or that the minimum payment wouldn’t go either. Can anyone help?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 733
    Given: 410

04-02-21 , 20:32

Hi @Acm

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If you make a change to your direct debit after your monthly statement was produced but before your due date then your direct debit will not be taken until the following month, ths could be why your direct debit was not taken.

The best thing for you to do is to send Tesco Bank a private message and ask them to look into this for you.
    Click on this link Tesco-Bank then scroll down, on the left hand side click 'Send Private Message'.
    Complete it, click 'Submit Message' and this will send your message securely and privately.
    Please include your full name, date of birth and postcode along with your account details.

You will receive a reply to your private message, with the appropriate response.

Warm wishes, Caz @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 95

05-02-21 , 09:26

Hey Acm, sorry to hear this. If you follow the instructions posted above by @25H, we'll check this for you.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 733
    Given: 410

05-02-21 , 09:32

Hi @Acm

I see ChristopherP has offered to check this out for you, just send Tesco Bank a private message, see instructions in my previous reply.

Take care & stay safe, Caz @25H
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap