COVID-19 (coronavirus) information

I applied for a payment break 13th only email I’ve had is this what do I need to do please Thank you for your COVID-19 payment break form, we are working through your request. We are here to help and support you and will be working through customers’ requests as quickly as we can.

If you have applied for a Loans payment break: Where we can, we’ll start your payment holiday from your next payment. However, if your next payment is due in the next few days, due to current volumes and processing time, your payment holiday may start the following month. We’ll be in touch when your payment break is in place.
    If you have applied for a Credit Cards payment break: Due to current volumes and processing time we recommend you cancel your Direct Debit directly with your bank as soon as you can to prevent this payment being taken from your account. Please ignore any requests for payment that you may receive from us from now until the end of your payment holiday. We will be in touch to let you know when your payment holiday has been successfully set up and when it will end so there is no need to contact us.

To understand more about what we are doing to support our customers during this time, please refer to the Tesco Bank The Community Pages before calling us. Here is a link to our FAQ’s on COVID-19 https://community.tescobank.com/t5/C...tkb-p/COVID-19

Supporting our customers and colleagues is our priority and we are working hard to provide ongoing support whilst the situation develops. If you have not already done so please consider registering for either online or mobile banking for regular day to day banking requests, such as move money, check balances or make payments. We expect our phone lines to remain very busy during this period. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we protect our call centre for our most vulnerable customers.
    Good Afternoon, I have been on the phone to confirm what my loan account details are to be able to complete the Covid-19 payment holiday form. It is telling me the information supplied is incorrect. I know this to be untrue and require assistance in completing the form. On advice of Tesco Bank I have cancelled the direct debit and this has also been acknowledged with you when I called today. Thanks Sam Marsh
    Community superstar
    Good afternoon I'm sorry to hear your having a problem completing the form.You could send Tesco Bank a Private Message. Click on then click on 'Send a Message' (top right hand side). Enter your full name, DoB, post code, your loan details & the problem you're experiencing.I'm sure someone will come back to assist you. They are rather busy so it might take a little time.Hope you get it sorted.
    On April 17th, I requested a payment break, for my Tesco loan, and got an automatic reply back confirming acknowledgement and thanking me for sending the form in and they would be in touch. When I got my furlough payment I moved the funds for my loan into my loan account ready for Tesco to take it just in case as I had a feeling things wouldnt go so smoothly. I was correct. On checking my loan bank account where the money leaves, its been taken, and no payment break has been arranged. I totally understand that things are difficult right now, and the workload must be immense which is why i left it with Tesco but I see others on here getting their payment breaks sorted, and i'm already 20% short of wages, and now a further £160 now too. would have been pretty handy have that little extra as I dont get paid till end the of may now. Thanks Tesco!
    Your Community Expert
    Hey , sorry to hear this. So I can take a look at your account, can you please send a private message to Tesco-Bank? - Chris
    Just looking
    Hi I received an email after applying for a payment holiday on 19th april explaining that i should cancel my direct debit, but I have not received anything else regarding this, I did cancel my direct debit like you said and have now got a late payment fee on my account and a minimum payment of double what i would normally pay when it states that no late payment fee etc would be applied please advise
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , If you have received an automatic reply to your payment delay request, then please don’t worry. Please ignore any correspondence regarding missed payments. We will be back in touch when your payment break has been applied and this will be backdated to the date we received your email. Any late payment fees will be refunded, and it will have no effect on your credit file. We thank you for your patience during this time.
    Hi
    Was just wondering why I have received a letter today saying because I have not made a payment on my credit card then my rate is lost and reverting back to variable. I am on a payment holiday break due to the virus
    Yes, this has just happened to me and it's going to make my situation worse, not better! None of the other credit card companies I use have done anything like this.
    Former Community Manager
    sorry for the confusion. I can confirm that provided the request is solely due to the impact of COVID-19, we’ll make sure there’s no impact on your credit file and all fees or charges will be refunded. The correspondence is sent out automatically when a payment is missed and unfortunately we cannot stop this. I hope this helps.