• Tesco credit cards do not add ckubcard points when using them contactless at a tesco till

Does anyone else have a problem with points not being added when using the Visa tesco credit card contactless at a Tesco till? The receipt shows that no clubcard was used. It's not a problem when credit card is used in other retailers, nor is it a problem if done as a chip and pin in a tesco till.
  • Does anyone else have a problem with points not being added when using the Visa tesco credit card contactless at a Tesco till? The receipt shows that no clubcard was used. It's not a problem when credit card is used in other retailers, nor is it a problem if done as a chip and pin in a tesco till.
  • Re: Tesco credit cards do not add ckubcard points when using them contactless at a tesco till

Hi , you would need to scan the card twice. Once when asked for the Clubcard and once for payment. This should rectify the issue.
  • Hi , you would need to scan the card twice. Once when asked for the Clubcard and once for payment. This should rectify the issue.
  • Re: Tesco credit cards do not add ckubcard points when using them contactless at a tesco till

Normally I get a prompt after the first scan asking if I want to pay with the card. Are you sure you scanned and paid with the same card?I also seem to remember that Tesco stopped giving points for transactions under £8, and you only get 1 point per £8-spend unless you pay by Tesco Credit Card (which should still give you 1 point per £)
  • Normally I get a prompt after the first scan asking if I want to pay with the card. Are you sure you scanned and paid with the same card?I also seem to remember that Tesco stopped giving points for transactions under £8, and you only get 1 point per £8-spend unless you pay by Tesco Credit Card (which should still give you 1 point per £)

That is no use when you are using the self service machines. I do not understand why Tesco do not sort this problem out.
  • That is no use when you are using the self service machines. I do not understand why Tesco do not sort this problem out.

Hi Thanks for the info Hugh, that's interesting!!!Do you need to get staff assistance when using the self service machine?As the machine asks for your Clubcard does this not rectify it?What about when you use the 'Scan as you Shop'? To get a scanner you have to scan your Clubcard first, does it work with Scan as you Shop?Caz
  • Hi Thanks for the info Hugh, that's interesting!!!Do you need to get staff assistance when using the self service machine?As the machine asks for your Clubcard does this not rectify it?What about when you use the 'Scan as you Shop'? To get a scanner you have to scan your Clubcard first, does it work with Scan as you Shop?Caz

Basically, I get the same problem when I pay to the check out person. Usually, they are able to tap something in to make sure that I get the points. This does not apply at the self service machine - I just get a message on the receipt saying that I 'could have earned so many points with this transaction' (but didn't).I know that I can get the points by paying with my pin but I have been trying to follow government guidelines in paying contactless so as to avoid fingering any buttons.I've been onto to Tesco centrally I don't know how many times about this but the last time I got a very helpful lady who promised to enquire as to why I don't get points when paying contactless. She rang me back after 2 days to say that I definitely do not get any clubcard points if I pay contactless.My question is why this is the case? As Tesco itself says, 'every little helps'. Well, it would help me if Tesco could see their way to enabling to getting points when I pay contactless.
  • Basically, I get the same problem when I pay to the check out person. Usually, they are able to tap something in to make sure that I get the points. This does not apply at the self service machine - I just get a message on the receipt saying that I 'could have earned so many points with this transaction' (but didn't).I know that I can get the points by paying with my pin but I have been trying to follow government guidelines in paying contactless so as to avoid fingering any buttons.I've been onto to Tesco centrally I don't know how many times about this but the last time I got a very helpful lady who promised to enquire as to why I don't get points when paying contactless. She rang me back after 2 days to say that I definitely do not get any clubcard points if I pay contactless.My question is why this is the case? As Tesco itself says, 'every little helps'. Well, it would help me if Tesco could see their way to enabling to getting points when I pay contactless.

Sorry, I I just realised that I did not answer your question about 'scan as you shop'. I do not know anything about that. It's certainly never been suggested to me by any Tesco shop.
  • Sorry, I I just realised that I did not answer your question about 'scan as you shop'. I do not know anything about that. It's certainly never been suggested to me by any Tesco shop.

Hi , I'm sory to hear this, I'm not sure who called to say you don't get points when using contactless. The Clubcard credit card is changing to a two tap journey. So when you are in store the first tap of the card is to collect Clubcard points and the seconds tap is to pay. If your not receiving your Clubcard points please contact , to ensure your credit card and Clubcard are linked. I hope this helps - Amanda
  • Hi , I'm sory to hear this, I'm not sure who called to say you don't get points when using contactless. The Clubcard credit card is changing to a two tap journey. So when you are in store the first tap of the card is to collect Clubcard points and the seconds tap is to pay. If your not receiving your Clubcard points please contact , to ensure your credit card and Clubcard are linked. I hope this helps - Amanda

Hi I see Amanda from Tesco Bank has just replied to your query with contactless payments and getting clubcard points.Hope this helps you on future trips to Tesco stores Have a lovely weekend, Caz
  • Hi I see Amanda from Tesco Bank has just replied to your query with contactless payments and getting clubcard points.Hope this helps you on future trips to Tesco stores Have a lovely weekend, Caz

Hi To be honest I just always scan my club card and then my credit card, ive never had any issues. Maybe im just over doing things? Regards
  • Hi To be honest I just always scan my club card and then my credit card, ive never had any issues. Maybe im just over doing things? Regards
© 2020 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap