Thomas Cook

After sending one private message to you as you requested, after which you asked a question, just tried to reply and been told I have apparently now “reached my limit” of private messages for today?? with trying to reply, honestly this whole thing is beyond a joke and I’m seriously having a sense of humour failure now! The answer to your question Christopher is it was all sent from my personal email, you have confirmed you received it back in 23rd Sept at 6am and were working on it and after waiting on hold for 45mins a man in your disputes team said I would get a refund by close play on 20th Nov, I still don’t have it or any correspondence from you detailing when I will or what the issue still is.
    The email address sent is was all sent from is **private information removed for privacy reasons**
    I have now gone to press, so clearly I was lied to as apparently the 20th when I was promised I would receive my refund was “just for customers who only claimed for a flight”. I was told by your agents when I first queried what to do after the collapse to claim back the cost of the visas I purchased to travel to Egypt with Thomas Cook as they clearly related to the claim as I could no longer travel there and therefore they formed part of section 75. This I did on your advice.
    On Saturday I chased yet again and was told “looking at the system” that I would get my refund on 20th Nov, now I’ve been told due to the visas you have “no timescale” for my claim! I’m owed over £1500 that is sat there on my card causing my credit history to spiral downhill, quite frankly the £83 on visas are least of my worries right now. Please reinburse my flights and baggage fees by return as I’m so stressed by this whole situation, I’m not sleeping and need this resolved now, not to be told you have “no timescale” do you not realise how distressing this is to your customers??
    I was told three days ago that we would be refunded on 21 November. And that we should wait a couple of days, which we have done. Still no sign of the money. We're assuming it will be refunded to my credit card. Surely, Tesco Bank realise it's coming up to Xmas and people NEED this cash at this time of year?!?! Or maybe they don't. Maybe they really don't care about their customers. wrote:
    I have now gone to press, so clearly I was lied to as apparently the 20th when I was promised I would receive my refund was “just for customers who only claimed for a flight”. I was told by your agents when I first queried what to do after the collapse to claim back the cost of the visas I purchased to travel to Egypt with Thomas Cook as they clearly related to the claim as I could no longer travel there and therefore they formed part of section 75. This I did on your advice.
    On Saturday I chased yet again and was told “looking at the system” that I would get my refund on 20th Nov, now I’ve been told due to the visas you have “no timescale” for my claim! I’m owed over £1500 that is sat there on my card causing my credit history to spiral downhill, quite frankly the £83 on visas are least of my worries right now. Please reinburse my flights and baggage fees by return as I’m so stressed by this whole situation, I’m not sleeping and need this resolved now, not to be told you have “no timescale” do you not realise how distressing this is to your customers??
    Former Community Manager
    Hi , this wouldn't appear as a refund on your online account but as a 'Transaction Adjustment' on your next statement. If you send a PM to with your full name, DOB and postcode I can check if this has been completed.
    wrote:
    Hi , this wouldn't appear as a refund on your online account but as a 'Transaction Adjustment' on your next statement. If you send a PM to with your full name, DOB and postcode I can check if this has been completed.
    I am unable to send any more private messages, I've made several requests yet nobody can tell me when I'll have my refund, I'm growing more and more concerned as I have not received anything, my latest statement has come through and I have been charged more interest but no trace of a transaction adjustment or refund. Can someone please check if my refund has finally been processed and confirm for me please? I've waited over 60 days since Thomas Cook collapsed and my refund request was sent in, I cannot get through to a human being over the phone and it is worrying that nobody can confirm that my specific refund has been processed by now.
    Your Community Expert
    Hi , I'm sorry you've not heard from us yet. If you search Tesco-Bank as a user and click on the profile, you'll be able to send us a private message and we'll be able to take a look into this for you - Caroline
    Finally got through to a human being on the phone, although I paid through my Tesco card and was told to claim through Tesco to get the refund I've now been told that they haven't bothered processing my information and tried to calling me once to confirm this although I've sent several emails. I now must claim directly through ATOL and will probably have to wait another 60 days. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Tesco not to bother ensuring I was aware of this, if anyone else is in the same position please go through ATOL straight away as Tesco are not bothering at all with this and are happy enough to take our interest every month. As soon as I receive my refund, I’m paying off my account and moving to a new credit card provider.
    Your Community Expert
    I'm sorry to hear that, . The original post on this thread advises customers to claim through ATOL, and only to email us if you didn't have ATOL protection. I'm really sorry this has made you want to close your account - Caroline
    Finally got my refund credited to my card today after 3 months,could have been worse.
    Any idea when payments are likely to arrive? I have had a case open now for months and still no idea when I am due a refund. A bit bored sending emails to receive no reply or sitting on hold for an hour.....