Apple Pay

Just popped to my local shops at lunchtime, both Sainsburys and Tesco terminals did not accept contactless payements (both branches opened in the last year) while my local Waitrose did. Not saying it would necessary change my shopping habits per se but every little helps....
    I too will close my account if Tesco don't get their act together!
    It's great that you're looking into your own solutions, but don't think that they'll be adopted by all customers. I use multiple banks and thus want one solution that doesn't require me to carry around extra bits, hence why Apple pay is great, my phone or watch will do the trick for all my banks (ideally).

Switching to Santander looks good because of their reward and app offerings and the fact they're already setup with Apple pay!
    Another vote to get Apple Pay added as an option as soon as possible.
    Hi, just registered as a member to add my voice to those calling for Tesco to join Apple Pay. I appreciate that the rollout of Apple Pay is probably being 'staggered', rather than all banks providing the facility from day 1, but I am disappointed that there is no definite commitment from Tesco to join Apple Pay at a future date. I currently have Tesco & Halifax credit cards, but use the Tesco card for 99% of transactions...however, as soon as Halifax join Apple Pay (confirmed for later this year), the Halifax card will become my card of choice & I will pretty much stop using the Tesco card.

Come on Tesco, please get this sorted ASAP - I do want to remain loyal, but if not sorted soon, you leave me know choice but to ditch my Tesco credit card.
    While setting up my Apple Pay for my [Nat West] debit card was a breeze (as the activation was by SMS) my wife (who doesn't use online banking) had to call the Nat West 'Apple Pay' team to verify her card. She was on hold for 45 minutes! I don't know how big a team they put on but this shows there's obviously a LOT of demand for this service.... Just sayin'
    We do enjoy collecting clubcard points using the Tesco Credit Card, but failing to recognise the popularity of Apple Pay may just cost you a customer here. My desire to play with this new technology is being temporarily satisfied by the fact our main account, and other credit card, are with a less short-sighted bank. I emplore you to consider the effect of not supporting, or even pledging to support for Apple Pay is likely to have on your customer numbers! Whilst we're on the subject of Apple tech - please ask your iOS developers to release an updated app that is optimised for the iPhone 6 screen size.
    One of my friends works for Visa, and Apple Pay UK has been in the works for sometime now. For Tesco today to announce they will look into it clearly demonstrates to me that they willfully did want to participate. Why? Whilst I would love to use it for all my purchases, I realise there is currently a £20 limit. I bring a lot of business to my Tesco Mastercard, where a lot of it could have been used with ApplePay. Dear Tesco, you have angered me, so much so I sought out avenues (like this forum) to express it. Like others, I will wait 30 days to see some serious traction towards allowing Tesco Mastercard with Apple Pay. I am pessimistic, so I will do a bit of prep work and begin looking for a replacement card. Regards, A Long-term, Loyal Customer
    As a tesco credit card holder I am most disappointed to discover that there is no immediate intention to support apple pay.
    This and the lack of contactless terminals in your stores and garages is what's making me look at changing provider and shopping in rival stores where they are more in touch with tech advances and appreciate the desires of customers wanting convienence.
    For a major retailer like Tesco not be be with Apple on such a release is a pretty big PR and services failure.

:(
    This sounds a bit more positive, thanks Stephen.