Apple Pay

Would mention that you can also post views on the twitter feed, if they are anything like the companies I work with - tweets seem to register with the 'top brass' a lot more readily than forum posts.... @tescobankhelp Typically they seem to imagine they leave a bigger and longer lasting stain! :)
    I'm another who primarily uses my Tesco debit and credit cards for the clubcard points but who will be returning to my Halifax and First Direct cards as soon as they work with Apple Pay. I think it's really shortsighted of Tesco not to have signed up - it's worth missing out on the clubcard points for the convenience (and novelty!) of paying using your watch. I'll give it a couple of months but then will be closing my accounts if nothing has been announced...
    Tesco you are an otherwise great bank and I fear you are going to ruin it if you dont introduce support for apple pay. I too give you a 30 day ultimatum. Please keep us updated.
    Of course, the major sticking point (other than the % to Apple) is probably the recognition of Clubcard points, as the credit card details are not stored within Apple Pay. I imagine sorting out the loyalty schemes wil probably take some time.... the consumer data is as valuable to them as the loyalty generated by giving out rewards. I for one will probably always hold on to my Tesco card. The loyalty scheme itself is as good as any I've found (although nowhere near as good as it was in it's heyday) and more often than not my transactions are greater than £20. Hopefully newer terminals (and upgraded ones) will allow systems like this to exceed any limits though as it is much more secure than merely wafting a card...
    Former Community Manager
    I will pass on your comments about the iPhone6 - thanks

wrote:

We do enjoy collecting clubcard points using the Tesco Credit Card, but failing to recognise the popularity of Apple Pay may just cost you a customer here. My desire to play with this new technology is being temporarily satisfied by the fact our main account, and other credit card, are with a less short-sighted bank. I emplore you to consider the effect of not supporting, or even pledging to support for Apple Pay is likely to have on your customer numbers!

Whilst we're on the subject of Apple tech - please ask your iOS developers to release an updated app that is optimised for the iPhone 6 screen size.

I'm also very disappointed that Tesco aren't even considering adprting ApplePay. I'll be considering changing my credit card provider as well unless they get this issue sorted.
    wrote:
    I'm also very disappointed that Tesco aren't even considering adprting ApplePay. I'll be considering changing my credit card provider as well unless they get this issue sorted.I use my Tesco Mastercard for just about everything I purchase. I am also dissapointed that Tesco will not be adopting this technology. I will revert back to using my First Direct Visa for purchases as it will be available with Apple Pay before the end of July.
    Very disappointed. I've used my tesco credit card so much in recent years but I'll be moving elsewhere because of this answer. Why oh why?
    I would also like to express my feelings to have the apple pay.
    You provide such a great service and so far a great app for IOS8 it would be a shame if you did not provide the apple pay too however, I will also be following many customers and switching bank accounts.
    I dont know much about Apple pay but am i right that you can only use it if you have an iPhone 6 and certain iPads . I only have a iPhone 5c so if this correct then why does Tesco's need to add this service as not everyone has the latest iPhone. Please correct me if i am wrong.