Apple Pay

Just registered to also voice my disappointment that Tesco aren't supporting Apple Pay in the UK. If the QR code version mentioned above is anything like the one proposed in the US a few months ago, it's: less secure, no easier than chip & PIN and ignoring a huge number of your customers. Please seriously consider implementing Apple Pay (and contactless in general on your credit cards!!)
    Employee
    Thanks for all your comments around Apple Pay - clearly something you are all passionate about!

We are currently looking at Apple Pay alongside our own new payment solutions. We won't be in Apple Pay straight away but we do understand how important digital payment solutions are to our customers and will confirm our approach as soon as we can.

Stephen - Customer Care
    I for one will be giving Tesco 30 days to provide support for Apple Pay. If there isn't support I will be cancelling my card in favour of a vendor that does provide support
    After testing the Apple Pay service (admittedly only at Starbucks) it worked a charm via my watch ("There you go, that's $37") but confused the **bleep** out of the assistant! Well it is day one! So utterly simple to just double click a button and touch against the terminal rather than fishing in my wallet etc. My debit card and one of my other credit cards from (bot hobvuously from other banks) registered straight off and I expect Apple Pay will be my default way of paying (for transactions up to £20) from now on. I suspect many other Tesco account holders will have multiple other already compatible cards as well and you'll see a gradual reduction in transactions (and associated fees) from now on from a sizable community... it'll obviously get much worse once Android/Google services comes on board too. It'd be good to see Tesco come out and beat some others that are slow off the mark (such as Sainsburys) in a service that could and should provide a competative edge! Obviously you've done the numbers and giving any slice to Apple isn't great. However the customer experience shouldn't be underestimated. I guess it's all a punt and you want to **bleep** it and see.
    Also considering switching banks to another provider that supports Apple Pay! Such a shame because I love the balance peek feature on iPhone and Apple Watch... But Apple Pay is much more useful.
    Wow.. the bleep settings are sensative! wrote:
    wrote:
    After testing the Apple Pay service (admittedly only at Starbucks) it worked a charm via my watch ("There you go, that's $37") but confused the **bleep** out of the assistant! Well it is day one! So utterly simple to just double click a button and touch against the terminal rather than fishing in my wallet etc. My debit card and one of my other credit cards from (bot hobvuously from other banks) registered straight off and I expect Apple Pay will be my default way of paying (for transactions up to £20) from now on. I suspect many other Tesco account holders will have multiple other already compatible cards as well and you'll see a gradual reduction in transactions (and associated fees) from now on from a sizable community... it'll obviously get much worse once Android/Google services comes on board too. It'd be good to see Tesco come out and beat some others that are slow off the mark (such as Sainsburys) in a service that could and should provide a competative edge! Obviously you've done the numbers and giving any slice to Apple isn't great. However the customer experience shouldn't be underestimated. I guess it's all a punt and you want to **bleep** it and see.
    but confused the **bleep** out of the assistant! Well it is day one! I guess it's all a punt and you want to **bleep** it and see.
    I too have used Apple Pay this afternoon for lunch and registered by natwest card. Worked brilliantly. I have an MBNA points card that I dont use and similar to other posters will transfer my monthly spending to that from my Clubcard Credit Card. Tesco no longer seems innovative and with the change in shopping habbits and lack of apple pay support, cancelling my Tesco credit card is an easy decision to make. I too give you 30days.
    You can already use your clubcard on your phone download the clubcard app and u scan it at the till
    You can add me to the list of switching banks if tesco don't use apple pay in 30 days be ashamed as I have had no issues with tesco bank but I spent £700 on the iPhone 6 mainly for the Apple pay function as would of just kept the 5s! So please tesco add support for your credit and debit cards ASAP.
    It's nice that people are prepared to wait 30 days but realistically since Tesco haven't said anything about supporting it there is no chance of them getting it going within a month.