Apple Pay

Hi, I've got to agree that this is something that I would like to see come to Tesco Bank.

To say that my Tesco Credit card doesn't even support contactless payments is very disapointing when most other banks are clearly seeing the benefits of easier quicker payments.

I think the Tesco Clubcard app on the iPhone is a good step (this can be used if you forget your card) but pasbook intergration would be even better. Apple Pay even more so! Luke
    Hi I've just joined Tesco Bank and I am astounded you do not offer Apple Pay. Everything else is so brilliantly automated. Please embrace Apple Pay or I may have to get a different credit card. Thanks Rick
    I am more than a little disapointed that Tesco are not even conisdering the idea of Apple Pay. Even if you don't allow your card users to pay via Apple Pay. Others banks should be able to pay instore! Not that my opinion maters, but I am bored waiting and think it shows contempt to customers who clearly want the choice to use apple pay. For me, when Barclays get there act together I won't need to think about Tesco stores or cards. I can chose either and will side with those with Apple Pay.
    Come on guys you being Left in the dust support for Apple Pay is a must for you credit card.

Barry
    Please tell me that this is being looked into?!
    I use my Tesco credit card for everything and it's already frustrating that I can't make contactless payments with it, and now I can't register it for Apple Pay either!
    If there's no plans for this to be rectified then I'm going to have to consider moving my account to another bank :-(
    It is annoying that Tesco's aren't yet supporting Apple Pay. But you guys are aware that it is only for transactions of less than £20? Realistically most people probably do what I do and mainly use their credit card for bigger transactions such as petrol or large food shops. I don't quite understand why so many people are calling it a deal breaker and threatening to leave. Presumably we are all with Tescos as we collect the points...
    , that's not right. Firstly, the limit has been £30 since 1st September. The limit is for all wireless payment types across the UK. Apple Pay works wherever contactless/wireless payments work. That is, even if you don't see the Apple Pay logo, if the shop accepts wireless payments then Apple Pay will work. I've done this countless times myself now. However, Apple Pay itself is not limited and if a shop shows the Apple Pay logo then it should not have any limit. Most obvious example is Apple itself where you can walk into an Apple store today and use Apple Pay to buy a £2k laptop if you want. Other shops (e.g. Boots) have already said they do not or will not have a limit in the near future. In short, Apple Pay works wherever contactless payments of any kind are accepted. If the terminals are older ones then there is a £30 limit the same as there is with all other contactless payment methods in the UK, if the terminals are newer then it's up to the individual shops to decide if there is a limit or not, but Apple Pay itself is not limited.
    Apologies, so there is a £30 limit then? Presumably that is still considerably lower than each of our weekly food shops though
    Easiest way to think about the limit is to flip it so you aren't thinking primarily about Apple Pay, something like... In the UK there is a standard £30 limit on all contactless payments. There are hundreds of contactless payment types, and the default limit for all of them is £30. Apple Pay is one of the many contactless payment types. Unlike some other contactless payment types, Apple Pay allows any retailer to have no limit on transactions, it is up to the retailer whether they use the normal default limit of £30, have no limit, or set their own arbitrary limit. Basically, because Apple Pay is new it is easiest for most retailers to just treat it like all the other contactless payment types so that they can support it straight off the bat. However, we're starting to see more and more retailers taking full advantage of it and I don't see that trajectory changing.
    OK, thanks for the explanation. To be fair though, I don't see a massive need for Tescos to introduce Apple Pay until this limit is lifted.