Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 2

Apple Pay
    09-06-15 , 11:51

Are there any plans for Tesco Bank to support 'Apple Pay'? Will the tills at the stores eventually support Apple Pay too? Many thanks, Andy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Re: Apple Pay
    09-06-15 , 13:09

The quicker support for Apple Pay comes, the sooner Android Pay and Samsung Pay will reach the UK. Google Wallet has been around in the states for years but never moved here despite having the contactless payment infrastructure here in the UK. Hopefully with Apple Pay arriving here this summer, the other companies will see it as an incentive to get their act together.
    Thumbs Up

09-06-15 , 14:14

wrote:
    The quicker support for Apple Pay comes, the sooner Android Pay and Samsung Pay will reach the UK. Google Wallet has been around in the states for years but never moved here despite having the contactless payment infrastructure here in the UK. Hopefully with Apple Pay arriving here this summer, the other companies will see it as an incentive to get their act together.I agree, it would be nice for both ecosystems and encourage everyone to up their game. However it's Tesco bank supporting these technologies that is the bigger question for me than what they accept at the tills (especially if they are maintaining the £20 limit for contactless despite the added authentications). As my Tesco visa still isn't contactless I can guess this may not be a big priority for Tesco Bank, but I can see it pushing me toward my other (Apple Pay supported) credit card vendor for convenience. I rarely use this at the moment as I prefer the Tesco rewards in Clubcards points.
    Thumbs Up

09-06-15 , 15:55

Intrestingly on the Visa website : "Jeremy Nicholds, Executive Director of Mobile at Visa Europe, commented: “Contactless payments are already widely embraced by millions of Visa cardholders .... Apple Pay will catapult mobile payments into the mainstream... There are already ... over 400,000 terminals in 250,000 outlets in the UK, including major retailers such as Tesco..."
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 4

11-06-15 , 08:14

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your query. We don't have plans to support Apple Pay at present, but we always listen to customers' feedback.

In terms of our stores, Apple pay will work fine on any of our contactless terminals. For example if you have Apple pay set up with another bank provider, you will be able to make purchases in our stores which have contactless terminals. Currently there is a £20 max spend – if you try to use apple pay for baskets exceeding £20 you will be prompted to insert their card in the device.

I hope this helps,

Many thanks,

Josh – Customer Care
    Thumbs Up

12-06-15 , 07:35

Thanks Josh. Obviously a dissappointing answer but what I would have predicted. Hopefully it'll be reviewed in future when some of the less technologically challenged account holders start migrating to providers that do support this and similar payment services (so it starts affecting the bottom line). I do find it interesting given the work supporting a wonderful iOS App with early Apple Watch support that they don't want anyone to actually pay via their Watch. But never mind. Thanks anyway for getting back to me. Andy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

19-06-15 , 15:17

I'd like to voiuce my dissapointment with this too. Come on Tesco, get this sorted.
    Thumbs Up

19-06-15 , 15:18

I agree, this is dissapointing, but not surprising!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 61

27-06-15 , 21:07

It'd be great if Tesco implemented the Clubcard into Apple Pay (in the future) on iPhone and Apple Watch so if I left my Clubcard behind at home I could still earn points.
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5

28-06-15 , 10:26

Is there some kind of reason for this? I would be very surprised if you didn't have any plans and very short sighted. Would you be able to look in to this a bit more? I would be likely to move banks if there were no plans to support Apple Pay.
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap