Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Moving house: Buildings insurance from house exchange?
    02-03-19 , 16:27

Thumbs Up

Re: Moving house: Buildings insurance from house exchange?
    02-03-19 , 16:29

Sorry, hit return too quick! I will be moving shortly, 4-6 weeks approx and have just taken out a new building and contents policy with Tesco for my current property. I need buildings only cover from exchange on my next property - how do I do that? If I change the address in my details section then surely my current home won't be covered? Haven't done this before so not sure what to do. Have read conflicting threads on here which have confused me! So any advice welcome. Thanks.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

03-03-19 , 09:28

Hi , thanks for getting in touch. As you are legally liable for the new property once you've exchanged contracts, this is when you should change the address from on the policy. However, we would still provide cover for the current policy for up to 3 months or until completion, whichever date comes first. We will need to note this on the policy, so please send us a private message to @Tesco-Bank so we can help.
    Last edited by ChristinaG; 06-01-21 at 10:48.
    Thumbs Up

03-03-19 , 13:45

Thank you. I did see that but then saw other ones which had conflicting comments - one was a Contents only policy so obviously different.
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap