Mobile Banking app asking to turn on the WiFi?

Hi All, Looking for a bit of help. Recently, my Mobile Banking App has been asking me if it can turn on the WiFi before I log in. This is really annoying, as it takes up time for loading and I see absolutely no reason why it should be allowed to. I usually deny it, as if I allow it it tries to connect to Open WiFi networks in my area that a) are not secure and b) require me to sign in, therefore slowing down the process of checking my balance. Does anyone know why this is happening?
  • 1 Reply

• Verified Answer

Former Your Community Expert
    Verified Answer
    We sometimes find that your home router can cache an older version of the app, which can cause a conflict to occur in the version currently on your phone. When you’re home, could I ask you to ensure your phone and the app are up to date? Once you’ve done so, please unplug your home router for 10 seconds, connect it again and log into the app over your home Wi-Fi. Once you’ve done this, this issue should be resolved. If you then disconnect from Wi-Fi and call up the app, it shouldn’t prompt you do this again. Please let me know if this helps.