WHEN IS AN APP FOR WINDOWS PHONE GOING TO BE AVAILABLE?

I can't believe that Tesco does not have plans to create and app for Windows Phones. I realise that Windows may be relatively new to mobile phones, but come on Tesco, this is Microsoft they are not going to go away, they are getting bigger as more and more people switch to Windows Phones as it perfectly syncs with their Windows PC’s, Tablets etc. etc. I bought my Nokia Lumia 930 Windows Phone from Tesco, Tesco shouldn’t wait for more people to ask for Windows Phone platform, you should have it already.
    I note that some of these posts are now 5 months plus old. Have Tesco now made plans for Windows Phone Platform Banking App. Please reply, no news is worse than a negative reply. wrote:
    wrote:
    Why is there not an app for windows phone user's,its the fastest growing platform for mobiles,come on Tesco get your act together. wrote:
    I love Windows phone and its certainly on the rise now that Microsoft have fully taken over production.

Its the most secure platform yet it's the least supported by all of the major institutions,
    why do none of the banks provide an mobile app, its so easy to write one based on an Android app even.

I bank with HSBC and even they won't put the effort in to support it.

Come on Tesco, you're quick enough to take our money and want our service, yet dont wish
    to spend a little time and money to write a Windows app ....

Use an undergraduate on his/her summer out of uni to write it as their project,
    you've done the hard work by having an on-line app
    Hi and , We don’t have any plans right now to build a banking app for Windows phones, however this is often reviewed based on customers feedback. To keep up to date with any further changes on the mobile apps please go to www.tescobank.com/apps. Thanks,Stephen - Customer Care wrote:
    wrote:
    Why is there not an app for windows phone user's,its the fastest growing platform for mobiles,come on Tesco get your act together. wrote:
    I love Windows phone and its certainly on the rise now that Microsoft have fully taken over production.

Its the most secure platform yet it's the least supported by all of the major institutions,
    why do none of the banks provide an mobile app, its so easy to write one based on an Android app even.

I bank with HSBC and even they won't put the effort in to support it.

Come on Tesco, you're quick enough to take our money and want our service, yet dont wish
    to spend a little time and money to write a Windows app ....

Use an undergraduate on his/her summer out of uni to write it as their project,
    you've done the hard work by having an on-line app
    Hi and , We don’t have any plans right now to build a banking app for Windows phones, however this is often reviewed based on customers feedback. To keep up to date with any further changes on the mobile apps please go to www.tescobank.com/apps. Thanks,Stephen - Customer Care

Employee
    Hi 

We still don't have any plans for our banking app to be available on Windows phones yet. I'm sorry this isn't the answer you are looking for. We always take our customer feedback on board and i will be sure to pass on your comments.
    Up until this point I've been impressed with the Tesco bank customer service, the people on the phone have been good, etc. I had an Android phone, and I used the Tesco banking App A LOT, most days. I've just got a new Windows phone and to my horror Tesco have no banking App. Barclays Bank doLLoyds do So my old current accounts are working great with my new phone. But Tesco isn't, nor do you appear to have any plans to. Unfortunately this is a deal breaker. If this situation isn't rectified soon then I'll be moving my account back to Barclays or Lloyds who do have support - and I suggest anyone else with a Windows phone to do the same, it may be the only way to get Tesco bank to get their act together. I will not have a bank account limit my choices in technology. Lyle
    Employee
    Hi ,

We're always looking for ways to help our customer’s access their accounts and I'm sorry to read that you're thinking of leaving Tesco Bank because of the lack of support for Windows phones.

Currently, we don't have any plans to support Windows phones, but I'll make sure that your message is passed on as feedback.

You should still be able to use the main website through your phones browser, and if we change the devices that we support, you'll find it at this link: http://www.tescobank.com/online-bank...obile-app.html
    That's not really an option, or not a good one, as only part of your site is mobile friendly! I can login fine, but then as soon as I click through to my account it changes to a design from the 90's that isn't in the slightest bit mobile friendly, making viewing my statements an absolute chore. So I'm afraid you've failed all around on this one! It wouldn't even cost much to develop the windows app, nor would it to make the whole site mobile friendly. I can't possibly see a justification for not doing it!
    89.9m UK mobile subscriptions:http://media.ofcom.org.uk/facts/ Windows phone grows market share:http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-p...verywhere-elsehttp://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...rtphone-growth Is someone at Tesco's thinks that a smaller market share means there aren't many people affected, they've got their head firmly stuck up their arse. Even at just 10%, that's 8.99 million mobiles!
    Employee
    I'll make sure to pass on these comments as well .

We take these suggestions seriously, and if there are any updates, we'll let you know.
    Have to support Lyle here, I have been using the Android app to track my personal savings account and my credit card transactions and have been a great fan of mobile banking, having just moved to a windows phone you can imagine my frustration to discover that Tesco's have no support for the platform and no plans to develop an app. A quick check reveals the the following banks consider it worth providing a mobile app that supports windows, Barclays, Nat West, Lloyds, Halifax, TSB, RBS, First Direct and the Bank of Scotland, so it seems to me that it shouldn't present too many problems to leave Tesco's, even though this is not the action I would have wanted to take. I currently use Tesco's for credit card and personal banking, house insurance, and shopping and in the past have used you for car loans and feel so frustrated that as a company you have decided to ignore what is going to be a growing number of customers. Like the person who's thread I am following I see no real option other that to move my money to someone who values my custom. Mark
    Re Teguise's comment, thought I might just leave this here in case anyone who develops tesco banks app sees it: https://dev.windows.com/en-us/bridges/ios