WHEN IS AN APP FOR WINDOWS PHONE GOING TO BE AVAILABLE?

How can Tesco not get an app for windows phone, Tesco Phone Shop sell windows phones and tablets, often bundled as a sales promotion. You sell the phones to your customers and then say there is no demand? Come on Tesco catch up with the big banks and realise that all customers are important, otherwise you won't have them any more!
    Employee
    Hi 

Each and every customer is important to us, and we do appreciate your comments on this. We will continue to feedback all comments and demand for a Windows app. I understand this isn’t the answer you were hoping for, however, at the moment we have no current plans for a Windows version. We will of course keep all of our Community members updated if this is ever set to change.
    Thanks for replying to the last post reference a banking app for windows, sadly no reply to my post ref leaving Tesco's because of their lack of support for this platform, but at least I now have response from someone at Tesco's. As I mentioned in my post this lack of care for your windows customers is a deal breaker for me and I will be taking my custom elsewhere, I have now been using Sainsbury's for my major weekly shop for 4 weeks, will start transfering funds out of my Tesco personal account from next week and will now start looking for an alternative credit card. As I have always considered myself a loyal Tesco's customer, I feel frustrated that this is my only option, but maybe the indifference youare showing to your customers over this issue is indicitive of your future business model.
    Employee
    Hi 

I'm really sorry there was no response on your last post; please accept my apologies on this. We do value all of our customers and the feedback brought to us regarding the demand for a Windows app. We certainly wouldn't want to see you leave over this; however I appreciate as a Windows customer this is something that is as you say a deal breaker. We can't deliver everything and have to prioritise which means at this time we are unable to support users of Windows phones with our Mobile App.

I understand this is not the response you were hoping for. If you would like to privately message me with your DOB & postcode in the format shown below, I will log your comments on this matter.

0 0 / 0 0 / 0 0 0 0

A A 1 1 A A A

Hi Ashleigh, Thanks for taking the trouble to respond, the lack of support from Tesco's banking for windows mobile customers is no longer an issue for me as I have just received my new credit card and new savings account details from a bank which has taken the trouble to support the windows platform, so sadly after over 15 years of being a loyal Tesco's customer our relationship has come to an end. Whilst no longer an issue for me, I would suggest that Tesco's as a company look at the way in which they support an admittedly minority market, before other windows customers feel that they have no option but to take the action I have.
    Sorry to play devil's advocate, but it will be a big effort to create and more importantly operate something as security sensitive as a banking app. It definitely shouldn't be outsourced or made by a university student in their free time. For a bank the size of Tesco, from a management point of view it might not make sense. However having a Windows app could entice new users. There are people here who discovered too late about the lack of the app. But who knows how many people didn't pursue an application knowing there wasn't a windows app. I use the android app on my phone and it's very good, design, feature and performance wise. I have an Amazon tablet though so I know what it's like to have less than perfect app support (no Tesco or Lloyds apps there). Just my 2 cents. Telling the Tesco Bank social media channels your frustration might highlight the issue more.
    Will there be an app for windows anytime soon?
    My Natwest account has an app as does royal bank surely it cannot be that difficult.
    dissapointing windows phone arent supported, well over a million users now in the uk, not enought tesco?