Clubcard/ debit card problem

I've recently been experiencing a problem with my Tesco debit card. When shopping in Tesco I get the message 'Clubcard not valid' when attempting to pay. This means I get the 'bonus' points for paying with the debit card but not the double points. WHats the best way to resolve this? Request a new card?
  • 5 Replies

• Verified Answer

Verified Answer
    Hi , I'm sorry to hear this. I'd recommend getting in touch with the Clubcard Team who can have a look into this for you. You can reach them via the Tesco Facebook page. Alternatively, you can reach them on 0800 591 688 (available Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat: 9am - 6pm). I hope you get this sorted!
    Community Manager
    Hey - sorry to hear of your problems and I hope you get things sorted.

Please can you accept the solution so that this can be stored for other customers?

Thanks - Sarah
    Thanks - having spoken to them this is apparently a known issue when using contactless payment.
    Former Your Community Expert
    I'm sorry about that! I hope you got everything sorted out!
    Out of interest, do you present your card first as a Clubcard, then remove it from the terminal and use contactless? Or do you just approach the terminal and present the card for such payments? One work around you could try, when shopping with Tesco, is: 1. At a manned checkout say that you'd like to use the card solely as your Clubcard. The cashier will cancel the request for payment on their till, and then you can present the card for contactless.2. At self service, it's a similar process, when you insert the card you will be greeted with a message on the display, asking if you wish to use the card for payment. Tap 'no' and remove the card when requested.3. Failing that, if you have a smartphone you can download the Tesco Clubcard app from the App Store, or Google Play store, and use the QR code/barcode within the app to earn points, then tap to pay.