Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

New credit card - contactless not working
    16-01-19 , 10:03

I received my new credit card last week, and have done several chip and pin transactions with it since. However, the contactless feature doesn't work at all. I've tried it on various terminals in different shops, and it doesn't so much as beep. Is there anything else I'm supposed to do? Or does the contactless feature not work on my card? Thanks.
    Click below to see solutions
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 129

Best Answer Re: New credit card - contactless not working
    17-01-19 , 10:15

Hi , I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your card. It sounds as though the card may be damaged, you can order a new one via online banking. I've attached a link which will confirm how to do this – https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/...card/ta-p/4654. I hope this helps!
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

Re: New credit card - contactless not working
    17-01-19 , 14:48

Thanks . I'll have a look at that link.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 15

25-02-19 , 13:08

Please can I have one of these non-working Contactless cards. Plenty of people on here and elsewhere object to unsafe Contactless.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

25-02-19 , 13:15

Hi , we don't offer non-contactless cards I'm afraid. If the feature is not working, this means that the card is faulty and we would need to replace it. I have raised feedback regarding this for you. Apologies for any inconvenience.
    Thumbs Up

02-11-19 , 08:58

Hi, I have just spoken with Tesco. There is a new EU law / regulation. Once you have started to use the contactless on your card, YOU MUST do a chip and pin transaction ever £130:00. This way if it's stolen or lost that is the maximum another person can take.
    well that is what they have told me. So I suppose I will have to test their theory or see if they are talking rubbish.
    Thumbs Up

25-06-20 , 17:29

Yes, I've had the same problem. Contacted Tesco by phone( a long wait at my expense!) And they sent new cards which arrived a week later. Same problem, did not work on contactless. What on earth is going on?????
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 912
    Given: 507

25-06-20 , 17:48

Hi
    I'm really sorry you're having problems with your card, it sounds like the card may be damaged. You can order a new one via online banking.
    Log into your online banking and selecting 'Manage account'.Then going to 'manage your account' and 'get a replacement card'. Then if you click submit, this will issue a new card to your address.Hope this helps!!!Warm wishes, @25H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 137

26-06-20 , 06:48

Hi , sorry to hear this. You have to make 1 chip & PIN transaction to activate contactless. Have you done this?
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap