Credit Card Promotional Period End

Why does Tesco Bank make it so difficult for customers to check the end date of their promotional period? I have another credit card (Virgin Money) that has those details on EVERY statement. By not making this information easily accessible (without having to phone and remember another set of tricksy questions!) you are increasing the chances of people being caught by surprise. 2 months is not long enough. Come on Tesco, be responsible. What possible reason is there for not doing this?
  • 2 Replies

Employee
    Hi Gazzelle, I’m sorry you feel this isn’t made clear enough. We do provide this information on your statement 2 months prior to the 0% period ending, as you’ve mentioned, along with a follow up email 21 days before the rate ends. This information can also be requested at any time via social media without having to call, all we would need is for you to send us a private message with your name, DOB and postcode. When we send the account opening letter, the information is located on here as well. In terms of having it on every monthly statement, I have passed on your comments to the relevant team so we can look to improve this in future.
    I totally agree with Gazzelle that this should be more prominent. I have contacte social media, and I hope to get a quick and full response. I shouldn't have to do that.