Late Payment on Balance transfer Card : 0% rate lost

I setup a new DD around 1.5-2 weeks before my payment due date but it seems the DD was not active by the time my due date came along. As a result of this, I have unfortunately missed a payment and have been charged a late payment fee. I made the required payment immediately when I saw the late payment on my account around 10 days after the due date. A few days later I received a letter informing me that I had lost my 0% rate and I would be revoked and I would revert back to the standard rates. I know I should have been keeping a better eye on my account, but given the circumstances is there any possiblity I could get Tesco Bank to heed my pleas and maybe revert me back to the promotional rates.
  • 1 Reply

Employee
    Hi , I'm sorry to see of the trouble you had with your direct debit and the impact this has had on you - in order for a direct debit to collect, it would have to be set up prior to the statement for that month being generated.

I can't guarantee that we'll be able to revert your account to the 0% rate it originally had, but if you call our Credit Card team on 0345 300 4278 (open 24/7) we'll certainly take a look at this for you. If you listen to all the IVR options twice, the option to speak with an adviser will become available.