Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Name change due to marriage
    08-08-18 , 10:09

Hi, I have 2 credit cards and a current account with Tesco Bank. I want to change my name using my marriage certificate, but surely I don't have to send letters and the certificate multiple times to different Tesco addresses? I only have one certificate so can I not just send a covering letter and proof to Tesco bank to change my name? Thanks
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 67

Re: Name change due to marriage
    09-08-18 , 10:39

Hi , thanks for getting in touch. As long as you include the details of the accounts in your covering letter, then you won't need to send in the marriage certificate multiple times :-)

Use the address for the Credit Card team in the link below and they'll pass it on to the Current Account team when they've finished updating the cards.

I’ve changed my name – what do I need to do?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

25-10-18 , 08:29

So I did what was stated above, wrote a cover letter detailing my name change and what accounts I had with tesco bank. I sent my marriage certificate in, and all tesco bank did was change my credit card accounts. They did not pass the details on to my current account, and so that is still in the wrong name. I don't feel I should have to pay to send in again my documents as it should have been done the first time. Is there anyway Tesco can still do this name change since they obviously did it for my credit cards?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 25

25-10-18 , 15:41

Hi , can you please send a private message to with your full name (maiden and married), DOB and postcode so I can look into this for you? - Thomas
© 2021 Tescobank.com All rights reserved
Sitemap