Mortgage query - property criteria

We have a Tesco mortgage offer and are now looking for a suitable property. We have seen a detached house, that is currently used as a ground floor flat and first floor flat (had the appropriate planning permission for this). The property now has planning permission (granted at the end of 2016) for it to be turned back into a single dwelling. We have not viewed the property but, from information we have been provided, there appears to be literally no work to put it back to a single dwelling as the split was done so simply/sympathetically in the first place, the property as a whole would give the space/size house we were looking for. The property is a single freehold title deed. The question is does this meet the property criteria on a normal Tesco residential mortgage? We want to view it but it seems pointless if the mortgage (we have an offer of) is not possible on it.Any information would be appreciated.
  • 3 Replies

Employee
    Hi , thanks for your question. I'm afraid that we're unable to provide general advice like this about properties without speaking with you directly to find out more. If you call us on 0345 217 2050, available Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm and Sat: 9am - 4pm, our Mortgage team will be able to help.
    Banned
    Sorry for the bump, but I'd also love to know the answer to this question, plus I think this will help others who are in the same situation. However, I want to extend my "business" if we can call it like that. I just buy homes which I then rent or sell at a higher price because I make some changes or even renovations. I am always helped by real estate agents adelaide, especially in the beginning because I had a lot of questions. They helped me every time when I had a problem, plus they are professionals and know their work. You can ask them for a piece of advice.
    Last edited by Molly13; 15-05-21 at 20:43.
    Former Community Manager
    @Molly13 Hey, I'm afraid we no longer offer Mortgages at Tesco Bank. I appreciate that this may not have been the answer that you hoped for!